Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:56 AM   #1
FireBolt22
macrumors newbie

Computer nor Itunes cannot find Iphone

Hey guys, I'm having this problem with this. Both my Computer and Itunes can't detect my Iphone. I tried restarting, resetting,changing cables and etc but it still doesn't work! Its charging but the computer does nothing. It only charges the phone. Help please? i'm using Windows 7,Iphone 3G, jailbroken.
FireBolt22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2011, 06:14 AM   #2
JunkyDog
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBolt22 View Post
Hey guys, I'm having this problem with this. Both my Computer and Itunes can't detect my Iphone. I tried restarting, resetting,changing cables and etc but it still doesn't work! Its charging but the computer does nothing. It only charges the phone. Help please? i'm using Windows 7,Iphone 3G, jailbroken.
Try another computer if possible, and test all other USB ports on your computer if you have more then 1 USB port. If none works, i suggest you try another computer as well.

My iPhone 3G is fully jb, and i have no problems to detect it, nor my3GS or my 4G, all of them is detected by my computer and i am running Windows 7 - 64 bit, just like you, and my USB port works fine..
JunkyDog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2011, 06:50 AM   #3
FireBolt22
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyDog View Post
Try another computer if possible, and test all other USB ports on your computer if you have more then 1 USB port. If none works, i suggest you try another computer as well.

My iPhone 3G is fully jb, and i have no problems to detect it, nor my3GS or my 4G, all of them is detected by my computer and i am running Windows 7 - 64 bit, just like you, and my USB port works fine..
T___T still not working. I'm planning to bring it to the store to fix it.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 07:06 AM   #4
JunkyDog
macrumors 6502

does the phone works? Try hard reset, you may need to jb it again.
Hard reset: Hold power for 3 secs, and hold power + home for another 10 secs (dont let go of power yet) then reslease the power button, hold the home button for another 15 secs, now iTunes should detect it as a new device, but this will wipe all on your iPhone, so if you can take a backup, now would be a good time to do so..
JunkyDog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:44 AM   #5
FireBolt22
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyDog View Post
does the phone works? Try hard reset, you may need to jb it again.
Hard reset: Hold power for 3 secs, and hold power + home for another 10 secs (dont let go of power yet) then reslease the power button, hold the home button for another 15 secs, now iTunes should detect it as a new device, but this will wipe all on your iPhone, so if you can take a backup, now would be a good time to do so..
Thanks! Itunes detected my iphone but the computer still doesn't detect it ;_;
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:44 AM   #6
Player1101
macrumors newbie

If this doesn't work will I be able to still use my phone
Player1101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting