Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Video is out: Link to Video. Note Apple may put spoilers on the page, but at time of publication there were no spoilers.

With Apple reportedly not providing a video stream of tomorrow's "Let's Talk iPhone" media event, some users are undoubtedly interested in avoiding all of tomorrow's announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

iphone_oct4_event_invite1.jpg
For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow tomorrow's events refrain from making any posts in the thread about tomorrow's announcements.

Article Link: Spoiler-Free 'Let's Talk iPhone' Video Stream [Video Available]

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

Best way to be spolier free. Go on a cruise the week of the announcement. I didn't plan it to happen but it happened anyway. I dont even normally go spoiler free but I'm forced to this time.

Just got to remember to start the video download as soon as I get up on Friday morning after we dock!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Note that the article page isn't yet free of potential spoilers, but we'll be working on that, so hang tight. :)

badtzwang

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Asking someone to refrain from posting any spoilers is an invitation for someone to post a spoiler.

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Raise your hand if you're going to watch the live tweets AND the video

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
does anyone know the average time between the actual event and the time the video is posted?

LGN

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010
Arstotzka
does anyone know the average time between the actual event and the time the video is posted?

It depends, sometimes, it's quite a few hours, but other times not.

Before the live stream thing, they always went up between 5-7 Eastern time, but since that, it's usually much sooner, but only for certain devices, like Safari on SL or Lion, or an iOS device, because they support HTTP live streaming tech.

So, maybe right after it ends, maybe not until 3-5 hours after it ends.

Sykkro

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Portugal
What about possible live streams from the streaming event to be placed at the Covent Garden Apple Store, in London? :)

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone have the link to Void's stream checker, and has it been updated for this event yet?

I figure the best way to stay spoiler free is to just stay on that page rather than even this thread, because there's a tendency for people to post spoiling things in them.

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
This is silly. Honestly, yeah I'd love a stream but I usually roll with Engadget's Live self refreshing live blogs and really its like you don't miss anything. The sucky part about tomorrows show is that I didn't get to switch lunch hours with my co-worker and now have to work and check in on what happens in between patients. :(

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Shouldn't you lock the thread or at least make sure it doesn't show up on the main page? And I thought in the past there was a subscription for a spoiler-free link. Seems like a better way to go.

But basically, the only way to guarantee no spoilers is to not get on the internet tomorrow. Social Media and News sites will be flooded with news about it. It's kind of like DVRing the Super Bowl and trying to watch it later without finding out about the outcome.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Thanks!

Ah! Thank you for this! It's unfortunate they're choosing not to stream it live, but I've definitely like no spoilers before they release the official stream. I'll keep checking back here after 7PM (GMT) tomorrow.

Johnnyboy711

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

robogobo said:
Hi my name is rob and I've been spoiler free for five years.

Hi Rob, thank you for sharing with us, my name is Johnny and ive been spoiler free for two and a half years but then had a relapse a year ago but ive been spoiler free ever since.

mrelwood

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Oh man. I'm starting to think I don't have the self discipline to go spoiler-free this time. Been waiting for this one for 16 months, of which the last 4 have been increasingly horrible.

Perhaps I should try though.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I'm so spoiler free, i've managed to avoid reading or seeing anything apple for the past 7 years. I'm ending my spoiler-free existence tomorrow though. I can't wait to see the keynotes I've missed. I'm sure it's been amazing what Gil Amelio has brought to us over the years....

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
props to you guys who can wait. I am so ***** tired of the rumors, I just want to go to sleep now and wake up at 1PM. Damn work getting in the way of that. :p I am going to be F5'ing Engadget at 1PM for an hour!

reedlight

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Hi Rob, thank you for sharing with us, my name is Johnny and ive been spoiler free for two and a half years but then had a relapse a year ago but ive been spoiler free ever since.

My name is Reed, and I read spoilers. They control my life. If something says "SPOILER ALERT", I want to navigate away from the page. I want to so badly, but I'm just. not. strong. enough...

xdxdaustin

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2010
Connecticut, United States
hey guys. could you help me out? I can't decide weather or not to go spoiler free....around 1:30 I would be able to check the internet and then not again until 2:10 (this is all EST btw) due to school so I can't decide weather or not to go spoiler free and just wait until the video is uploaded, or just hop on ASAP.

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ha! Good luck with that. I heard they are planning to stop the rotation of the earth for this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.