Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old May 2, 2005, 04:43 PM   #1
bug
macrumors regular

Problem with Powerbook and external display.

I have a 17 inch 1.67 GHz powerbook and a 23 inch ACD. I’m having this strange problem where if I use my powerbook in dual screen mode, then the image on the ACD is ‘jittery’. It is hard to explain, take this as an example:

If you have a vertical black line on a white background, then sometimes individual pixels of the black line will shift suddenly to the right or left one or two pixels. It happens very quickly, but is very distracting if you are trying to read black text on a white background. It is constant once is starts happening, its not like it just happens once in a while – if an area of the screen starts to ‘jitter’ like this, it will continue to do so until I close the lid of my powerbook. The problem also seems to get worse over time – for example, when I first bring my powerbook out of sleep, then it is not noticeable, but after 20 minutes it is happening enough that it is hard to read without getting a headache.

The interesting thing is that this does not happen on the ACD if it is connected to any other source, and it won’t even happen on the powerbook if I close the lid and just use the external monitor. I also have not been able to notice this when the powerbook is used dual screen with any other display in my home, although I don’t have any other displays nearly as high resolution as the ACD.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem?

Thanks
j.
1.67 gHz 17" pb 2 gigs
bug is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs