Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookpro45

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
I legitimately have never seen anyone with an iPad specific case. Maybe it's just me, and I don't get out much ;p

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Thanks for the links Happy - I don't want a bag, but I see they do a nice looking case:
http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-bags/skinny-ipad2/
which I haven't seen before. Looks like it will be a better quality than some of the smelly chinese imports that are around. Anyone got one?

(ps I'd go for the Stash if I were you - it looks a bit more blokey. Of course, if you're not a bloke, go for the other one.....)

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
i need one , could you give me more detials about this?

So I grabbed the Scout and I love it. Admittedly it's really small. So small it's not applicable to carry a normal sized notebook for taking notes on paper. I also purchased a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and the keyboard (being the same size as the Apple Aluminum keyboard) was too big to fit in the bag. It fits and can snap close, though unattractively, in my opinion.

I started carrying the iPad, notebook, pens, notes, cell phone, wallet, etc in there but the truth is I find it more comfortable when there is less...not to be a minimalist, but simply in the fact that there is more space within the bag, making it so much easier to go in and grab something...as opposed to a small bag filled with a bunch of stuff. I now have only my iPad, small 3x5 Moleskine, one pen and one pencil, business cards, iPad charger cable and wall outlet. I have space still to throw in my iPhone, wallet and keys if I wish.

I'll definitely be able to use this bag all around campus and in everyday life, though admittedly will have to adjust to just using the on screen keyboard. Not the biggest deal in the world, though to some it may be. At the time of this writing i'm using my MBP, but that's cause I'm in classes for the day and carrying it in my InCase.

Thanks for the links Happy - I don't want a bag, but I see they do a nice looking case:
http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-bags/skinny-ipad2/
which I haven't seen before. Looks like it will be a better quality than some of the smelly chinese imports that are around. Anyone got one?

(ps I'd go for the Stash if I were you - it looks a bit more blokey. Of course, if you're not a bloke, go for the other one.....)

So I've had the Scout now for a week, but am wondering what you meant by "Blokey." In all honesty, I just don't know what that entails. :p

I'd go with the scout. The black is nice too!

The black one is really nice, kinda wish I went for it, though the green is cool too. I went with the green after seeing everyone on campus with plain black bags. I had to go against the tide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.