Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bitternut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Hi.

I just got a 13" MBA a few weeks ago and I have this recurring problem.
Every time I open the lid to wake my Air up from sleep mode, it will show the current state of my desktop, then flickers about 3 seconds, it becomes black, blue and then to the current desktop.. and for another 4-5 seconds, you can't find the mouse pointer.

It has been happening since the first week.. I don't know whether the apps I installed is causing it. I have MenuBarFilter which supposedly turns the menubar to black, but it hardly does it anyway. Haven't tried uninstalling that app though.

Should I be worried and get it sent or is it something I can fix myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I haven't experienced that, and it sounds like a software conflict. Normally, from deep sleep, the MacBook Air shows a black screen for a few seconds, and then goes straight to the desktop (or to the login screen if you have FileVault2 or the login enabled). If the lid hasn't been closed long enough to go into deep sleep, it should go straight to the desktop or login screen and be ready within 1-2 seconds.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
I know this post is a little old, but the same issue just started happening to me. I got a 13' 2011 Air a few weeks ago. When I wake my computer it seems "frozen", the the screen flickers blue and black, then comes back but the pointer is stuck. The whole thing takes about 5 seconds.

The only thing I can think of causing the problem is installing Air Display to use my iPad as an external display. Is this happening to anyone else?

I could uninstall Air Display to check, but I need it lol. Im hoping its something else easily fixable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.