Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocknation

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 with IOS 5 GM
my sister and I also have an iPhone with IOS 5 GM too.
why my sister Phone there is no icon facetime on the iPhone ,
I've tried to restart several times not successful.
whether this kind of bug.

Thanks
Non Jailbroken iPhone

SOLVED iPhone from egypt / middle east no facetime, you must JB to hacktivate facetime iPhone from midde east / egypt

Last edited:

Siciliano611

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Now that I look at it, I also do not have the facetime icon, even though facetime is in the settings (and turned on)....weird

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Now that I look at it, I also do not have the facetime icon, even though facetime is in the settings (and turned on)....weird

Same here. It's in the settings but no icon, and search doesn't find it. The UDID of my iphone was never developer registered.

evilblob

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's there on my iPod Touch with iOS 5 GM.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Call me stupid, but I'm not sure there's a specific Facetime icon on the iPhone screen. See this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1144533/

I *do* have Facetime in settings, and if I go to a contact it shows Facetime as an option for calling that contact. When I restored back to 4.3.5 there was no Facetime icon even when I restored as a new iphone; that led me to wonder about my assumptions and thus I searched around.

Seems I got confused over how it works on the iphone (never really used) vs on the ipad (which I do use occasionally).

Does someone have an explicit facetime icon on the home screen of the iphone, not just in Settings?

Rocknation

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
Call me stupid, but I'm not sure there's a specific Facetime icon on the iPhone screen. See this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1144533/

I *do* have Facetime in settings, and if I go to a contact it shows Facetime as an option for calling that contact. When I restored back to 4.3.5 there was no Facetime icon even when I restored as a new iphone; that led me to wonder about my assumptions and thus I searched around.

Seems I got confused over how it works on the iphone (never really used) vs on the ipad (which I do use occasionally).

Does someone have an explicit facetime icon on the home screen of the iphone, not just in Settings?

not on home screen but in setting i have icon on my iPhone 4 iOS 5 GM
See another post have icon too..

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Try restore with setting your phone up as new. Could be a corrupt setting somewhere if you are restoring form backup.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
pls see this, from youtube have icon too in setting..

Let me clarify my post -- I was talking about not seeing an icon on the iphone home screen like you do on an ipad or (from other posts ipod touch), NOT whether there's an icon in Settings. I have the one in settings, but not on the home screen.

If there's nothing in the Settings, then something is likely wrong and a clean restore as a new phone from DFU would be worth trying to see if it shows up if nothing else works.

Rocknation

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
Let me clarify my post -- I was talking about not seeing an icon on the iphone home screen like you do on an ipad or (from other posts ipod touch), NOT whether there's an icon in Settings. I have the one in settings, but not on the home screen.

If there's nothing in the Settings, then something is likely wrong and a clean restore as a new phone from DFU would be worth trying to see if it shows up if nothing else works.

Try restore with setting your phone up as new. Could be a corrupt setting somewhere if you are restoring form backup.

ok, thanks for help me.. im also try restore again and set as new iPhone..
not working, still same no facetime icon on setting..
Thanks

Rocknation

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
SOLVED iPhone from egypt / middle east no facetime, you must JB to hacktivate facetime iPhone from midde east / egypt

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.