Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
I have been unable to locate sorting in the help file. Never had a spreadsheet that didn't have the ability to sort.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I have been unable to locate sorting in the help file. Never had a spreadsheet that didn't have the ability to sort.

It does sort but in an "all or nothing" sort of way. You highlight the row or column you wanted sorted on, tap the header and an option to sort is listed in the pop-up menu. You can only highlight the one row/column though. Any more and the option doesn't show.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Update:
Tried it and it works just the way you described.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US

It does sort but in an "all or nothing" sort of way. You highlight the row or column you wanted sorted on, tap the header and an option to sort is listed in the pop-up menu. You can only highlight the one row/column though. Any more and the option doesn't show.

Your right! Very rudimentary. It even sorts the header and it's gray fill. I have used Apple spreadsheets for years and am very disappointed that Numbers is so limited in this regard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.