Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:32 PM   #1
kjay80
macrumors regular

iphone 4s 16gb enough?

i have an ipad2 32gb, which is good enough for video, music, and games.
you think 16gb is enough? or 32gb worth for extra 100?
kjay80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:38 PM   #2
haticK
macrumors 6502

I have almost 10 gigs of music and if I am going to be using the phone for 2 years there's no way it will be enough space. I've had my Android phone for a year and 70 apps is over 6 gigs so I'm definitely going with 32.
haticK is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:40 PM   #3
FreakinEurekan
macrumors Demi-God

1080P camera will generate LARGE files, I'm going 64GB.
FreakinEurekan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:43 PM   #4
itickings
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjay80 View Post
i have an ipad2 32gb, which is good enough for video, music, and games.
you think 16gb is enough? or 32gb worth for extra 100?
Your iPad should give you a pretty good idea about how much stuff you can fit in 32GB, so why don't you take it from there and extrapolate?

Just estimate how much you will sync to the phone (and add some gigs of free space to that if you're going to take a lot of pictures or record video).
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:44 PM   #5
applefan289
macrumors 68000

It depends what you need. I have a 16GB iPad and it's more than enough. I've had it for over a year, and there is still 10.8GB of space left. I sync everything to my iPad, too. For an iPhone, I will not be syncing everything - I will be picking and choosing what to put on it, so 16GB is more than enough. I could probably make do with 8GB.

Like I said, it all depends how much stuff you want to have on your device. For me, I mainly use Safari, Mail, maybe one or two extra apps such as Angry Birds, and about 100 songs from the iTunes store. Other people have a lot more stuff, so they will need the 32GB. I think 64GB for a phone is very impressive, but I definitely would not need that much space.

I have a 1TB iMac that I bought in 2009 as my primary computer, and I still have 976.75GB available. I really wish it was only 500GB, because I really don't know what I'm going to do with all that space!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:46 PM   #6
drober30
macrumors 6502a

I have always bought the entry level size and have been fine but with iCloud, 1080p recording and 8MP camera, I'm going to go for the 32GB this time.
drober30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:49 PM   #7
EmbraceTheOne
macrumors 6502a

Someone said 1080p files will be HUGE. Which is true, But it doesn't affect me because any videos taken will be Imported onto my Macbook, Then deleted off the iPhone.

16GB here.
EmbraceTheOne is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Certinfy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTheOne View Post
Someone said 1080p files will be HUGE. Which is true, But it doesn't affect me because any videos taken will be Imported onto my Macbook, Then deleted off the iPhone.

16GB here.
My plan too
Certinfy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:54 PM   #9
FreakinEurekan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTheOne View Post
How often? My 1080P camcorder runs ~6 minutes per gigabyte. Assuming you have SOME music and apps on your phone, you won't have much room left - you're going to sync to your laptop every 15-20 minutes?
FreakinEurekan is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:30 PM   #10
abbaabba82
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanfranklin View Post
How often? My 1080P camcorder runs ~6 minutes per gigabyte. Assuming you have SOME music and apps on your phone, you won't have much room left - you're going to sync to your laptop every 15-20 minutes?
Well...when are you gonna film more than 6 or 12 minutes a day lol...its usually a few seconds that you film anything at all...well for me at least...im not gonna spend my day filming hrs of video over an iphone... besides, that is how you will create great videos...u film seconds of vid...and then u combine and edit it after to make your final video...which you do on your macbook anyways so...yeah... but again, it depends, if u have 16gig of songs on ur iphone u cant film anything at all lol...btw, lets see... like 3 gigs of songs is what...over a thousands songs on your iphone??? 16 gig is more than enough if you manage it well...if u got money to spare then go higher of course...
abbaabba82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:50 PM   #11
erasr
macrumors 6502

Just been out all day and taken quite a few photos on it, plus a couple of 3-4 minute videos which are great quality (so I'm using it more).

I've had to delete a lot of music so I have 4GB space left for photos and videos like this. I wish I'd got the 32GB because I'm having to delete videos and photos once I've synced them.

32GB all the way.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone