Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Just got my order through the AT&T Upgrader App available through the App Store.

16G Black 4s unlimited plan

----------

Just got email confirmation, too!

Dear Xxxx Xxxx,

Thank you for your recent order! Your iPhone has been reserved. Your order is expected to be delivered on 10/14/11*. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.

You can track your order online at http://www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.

Existing Customers: Services and features already on your account may not be listed below.

Your order number: 14xxxxxxxxx.

Last edited:

asleep

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Heh. What does that asterisk mean after the date. Wouldn't trust AT&T.

*All orders are processed on a first come, first served basis. Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Sunday delivery not available.

Deechh

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
What do you mean unlimited plan?

I've had multiple attempts almost go through, but they say I will lose my unlimited data plan.

Anyone else experience this?

asleep

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Now a second "order processed" email:

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time.

We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at http://www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007

I've had multiple attempts almost go through, but they say I will lose my unlimited data plan.

I did, but I pushed through to the next page figuring that I could always cancel, or empty my cart without checking out. Once I was on the next page, it asked me to select a data plan, and unlimited was listed. :cool:

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA

It must have said the 4S will be incompatible with your EXISTING unlimited data plan (Unlimited for iPhone). The new one is "Unlimited for iPhone 4S," which you should be able to choose from the selection.

I know, that's confusing. I got puzzled too.

I've been able to pre-order a 32GB white 4S for my wife through the AT&T web site. Good luck!

asleep

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007

I got some kind of message like that, clicked okay, then it gave me an option to select my unlimited plan/$30 on another screen.

Kinda confusing, but it worked.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Now a second "order processed" email:

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

Cool! Did it take them just 10 min. to send you the second confirmation mail? I got my first one at 1:10 AM PST. Haven't received the second one yet, but I am sure it's on its way... :)

ScottW1

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
NW Washington, USA
Hmmmph....

Every time I try the ATT Upgrader App, I get this message back:

"We are unable to process your order. Our express upgrade store does not currently support your device type. Please login to MyATT to upgrade online."​

I have a 3GS, by the way.

Virance

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
Hmmmph....

"We are unable to process your order. Our express upgrade store does not currently support your device type. Please login to MyATT to upgrade online."​

Same here (and same phone).

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hmmmph....

Have you tried the AT&T Web site? You may have better luck there.

SnackyStacky

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Hmmmph....

I have a 3GS, too, and I get the same message.

I also get an error message on the AT&T website. First, I get the exact same device message if I click on the 4S preorder button. If I log in the long way, I get this:
There was a problem with your request.
P1234: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1234 if you speak to a representative about this error.

Been trying Apple.com and they can't process the request either.

Dammit. :(

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Been trying Apple.com and they can't process the request either.

Dammit. :(

I've had much better luck with AT&T than Apple when pre-ordering an iPhone. Got my 4 through AT&T last year. The first attempt was successful. Just pre-ordered my wife's 4S this time. Same smoothness. Apple really needs to do something about their ordering system.

Good luck!

ScottW1

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
NW Washington, USA
Have you tried the AT&T Web site? You may have better luck there.

Over, and over, and over, and over, and.... No luck.

My first try at 12:05 got as far as entering credit card info and pressing Submit, then it got a "Gateway Timeout". All successive attempts get various timeouts or errors, but mostly the "P1234" error.

Maverickx75

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
got it!!

After getting to the point to select my unlimited data plan, entering billing info, and then entering the security code on my cc and getting kicked out (@ 1235am)...

Finally @1:26am i got through! received my order confirmation email from apple about 5minutes ago!!!!! so stoked!!! good luck all who are still trying!

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Over, and over, and over, and over, and.... No luck.

My first try at 12:05 got as far as entering credit card info and pressing Submit, then it got a "Gateway Timeout". All successive attempts get various timeouts or errors, but mostly the "P1234" error.

Ouch... Interesting that you were able to begin the process at 12:05. I kept refreshing the page but the 4S did not show up until about 12:45.

Good luck... I know I'm repeating myself but that's really all I can say.

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Tried to get in from the start. Keep getting the device not supported message on both my 3GS and 4...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.