Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I pre-ordered through ATT and got this in the confirmation email :
MZSjH.png

please tell me that's a mistake.

I will blow my brains out if I have to use my POS iPhone 3G for another month.

Kflik

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
im afraid not.

i ordered mine early this morning and will be receiving on the 14th, and it still says delivered by the 14th.

i ordered two others when i added two lines (did this about an hour ago, 1:00 PM est.) and was told delivery has been stretched to 1-3 weeks by the AT&T rep.

he did tell me if i just go friday morning they are expecting about 4 times the amount of iPhone 4's they got last year and this rollout is supposed to be the fastest yet (as tim cook said in keynote as well).

so i actually canceled that order and will just be going to the store for the other two phones!

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
im afraid not.

i ordered mine early this morning and will be receiving on the 14th, and it still says delivered by the 14th.

i ordered two others when i added two lines (did this about an hour ago, 1:00 PM est.) and was told delivery has been stretched to 1-3 weeks by the AT&T rep.

he did tell me if i just go friday morning they are expecting about 4 times the amount of iPhone 4's they got last year and this rollout is supposed to be the fastest yet (as tim cook said in keynote as well).

so i actually canceled that order and will just be going to the store for the other two phones!

wow, this is some kind of sick joke. spent about 4 hours this morning trying to get my preorder in due to different shipping/billing addresses and it was now most likely all a waste of time because I won't even get the phone any time soon.

Kflik

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
wow, this is some kind of sick joke. spent about 4 hours this morning trying to get my preorder in due to different shipping/billing addresses and it was now most likely all a waste of time because I won't even get the phone any time soon.

i as well spent HOURS with the slowed apple site and AT&T's complete breakdown. I was able to get a reservation when I finally went through apple at about 5:00 AM, this was after being on at 3:00 AM trying both AT&T and APPLE for two hours.

AT&T would not even allow me to sign onto my account and completely shut me out, finally got lucky and apple gave me this reservation where they noted that I was there at a specific time, and when they resolve their problem with AT&T (I'm thinking it was an eligibility check problem, their systems were overloaded with them and apple couldn't communicate with them) when they finally were able to they sent me an email that gave me instructions to order.

I was not so lucky when i tried to add two lines at 6:00 AM then later was told to call back at 8:00 AM then 11:00 AM then finally 1:00 PM where i was told about the 1-3 weeks shipping.

HUGE WASTE OF TIME lol.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010

I would give AT&T a call tomorrow once things have died down a little, and see what they say.

Here is what mine said. I finished up my order at about 4:45 on AT&T site after trying on Apple for about an hour.

"Thank you for your recent order! Your iPhone has been reserved. Your order is expected to be delivered on 10/14/11*. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. "

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
i as well spent HOURS with the slowed apple site and AT&T's complete breakdown. I was able to get a reservation when I finally went through apple at about 5:00 AM, this was after being on at 3:00 AM trying both AT&T and APPLE for two hours.

AT&T would not even allow me to sign onto my account and completely shut me out, finally got lucky and apple gave me this reservation where they noted that I was there at a specific time, and when they resolve their problem with AT&T (I'm thinking it was an eligibility check problem, their systems were overloaded with them and apple couldn't communicate with them) when they finally were able to they sent me an email that gave me instructions to order.

I was not so lucky when i tried to add two lines at 6:00 AM then later was told to call back at 8:00 AM then 11:00 AM then finally 1:00 PM where i was told about the 1-3 weeks shipping.

HUGE WASTE OF TIME lol.

it's amazing, you'd think they would figure out a process to handle this by now. I actually had to drive to the ATT store because the reps kept hanging up on me after I held on the line.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
Pretty funny because on Verizon it literally took less than 5 minutes and there was no website lag. I was even able to get through to someone on live chat.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
What time did you get through and get your order placed?

It sounds like AT&T only had a limited number to sell and then new stock will have to come in. If you did not get your order in early, I can see you falling in the waiting for more stock mode.

Sorry

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I would give AT&T a call tomorrow once things have died down a little, and see what they say.

Here is what mine said. I finished up my order at about 4:45 on AT&T site after trying on Apple for about an hour.

"Thank you for your recent order! Your iPhone has been reserved. Your order is expected to be delivered on 10/14/11*. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. "

I think the confusion here is people who ordered online at ATT.com vs people went into the AT&T store to order in persion.

Seems online orders are showing 10/14, but in store are showing weeks later.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
What time did you place your order?

I ordered mine at 7am Eastern time and got an email that it will be delivered on the 14th.

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
this is why i tell everyone to order from apple. hello they supply the device they have the most inventory..

I tried that, ATT made it impossible because the would only let Apple ship to the billing address. I'm at college away from home so that's not possible.

It's really pissing me off, I got up at 3AM to try and place a preorder right away through Apple and couldn't do that due to the ATT shipping policy, then I got jerked around by ATT for hours from 9:30 to 12. Finally gave up and drove to the store, they put my order in and told me delivery on the 14th. Now after all that I won't even get it on the 14th. this is insane.

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
could you cancel the pre-order?

I would cancel it and just wait til next friday to buy it.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
This is why i tell everyone to order from apple. They supply the device they have the most inventory..

only good for single-phone purchases, they ask you to go into the store for multi-line family plan...

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
could you cancel the pre-order?

I would cancel it and just wait til next friday to buy it.

I think I'm gonna wait until the 14th and try best buy and ATT stores to see if I can just buy one that day and then cancel the preorder. I'm done trying calling/driving to ATT for today.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I tried that, ATT made it impossible because the would only let Apple ship to the billing address. I'm at college away from home so that's not possible.

It's really pissing me off, I got up at 3AM to try and place a preorder right away through Apple and couldn't do that due to the ATT shipping policy, then I got jerked around by ATT for hours from 9:30 to 12. Finally gave up and drove to the store, they put my order in and told me delivery on the 14th. Now after all that I won't even get it on the 14th. this is insane.

The problem is the store is not using the same inventory as the Internet. They are two separate entities!

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase

I know how you feel. I got up too. Then I gave up and at 6:30 tried again and it worked super smooth..

least it's not HP

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

Why didn't you just change your billing address with AT&T temporarily? My wife was in the same position (billing address is billing off for her medical groiuo) so I just logged into AT&T's website, changed the billing address and then processed my preorder with no issues. Once the iPhone arrives in a week, I'll change the address back.

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Why didn't you just change your billing address with AT&T temporarily? My wife was in the same position (billing address is billing off for her medical groiuo) so I just logged into AT&T's website, changed the billing address and then processed my preorder with no issues. Once the iPhone arrives in a week, I'll change the address back.

I'm on a family plan. I needed to order 2 phones, one shipped to me at school and one shipped to my sister at her school so that wasn't an option.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
just to add fuel to the fire; I was just on the phone with an ATT support person. I was verifying that my shipping address was correct (since my conf email had an old address listed), when we were finished I asked when I could expect to receive the phone. She said "the iPhone 4s will not be available until the 14th and you can expect an email about shipping status on that day".

Take it with a grain of salt, as she was almost certainly in a foreign call center and sounded a little confused when I followed that with, "so I shouldn't expect to get my phone on the 14th"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.