Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdeez

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Whats the difference? :S I was waiting for the new iPod to come out but I can't find anything different.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Whats the difference? :S I was waiting for the new iPod to come out but I can't find anything different.

That the 8GB model is cheaper and it now comes in white.

Ha ha.

That's about all. We will have to wait till the tear down to see if Apple decided to put 512MB RAM instead of 256MB of RAM.

That may be the only thing that's change. Maybe they divert A4 Chips with the 512MB RAM from their iphone 4's over to the iPod touch 5th generation.

I doubt it has the A5 chip because they haven't promoted it or even mentioned it anywhere on their webpage whereas the iPhone 4S has the A5 clearly advertised.

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Macdeez -- you need a new handle -- Captain Obvious should work.

If you had managed to do a search, you would have found out there are already about a hundred threads on this subject; the VERY LAST thing we needed . . . was another one.

Not to mention -- if you had looked on the Apple web site, that should have also been a HUGE clue.

Macdeez

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Macdeez -- you need a new handle -- Captain Obvious should work.

If you had managed to do a search, you would have found out there are already about a hundred threads on this subject; the VERY LAST thing we needed . . . was another one.

Not to mention -- if you had looked on the Apple web site, that should have also been a HUGE clue.

I am sorry I disappointed you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.