Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
I've looked at two Apple reseller stores recently and have found that they have a lot in common. Both ClubMac and MacMall have basically the same interface on each site. They both seem to have the same products for the same prices and have the same special deals going on. Is it just my imagination or is one of these stores trying to copy the other? Or maybe they're just somehow related? :rolleyes:

GetSome681

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2002
Originally posted by Shrek

Really? Can you give me a link to any news stories confirming this?

No link b/c I'm sorta f&*ked up at the moment, but yes, MacMall did purchase ClubMac. Was sad, b/c ClubMac was actually very good, and now they'll become crappy like MacMall. Bye.

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
where do you buy mac stuff?

I've never actually used MacMall, but what makes it so crappy? I tend to get everything from MacWarehouse. If anyone has any better places to go for mac stuff, I'd love to know!

GetSome681

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2002
Re: where do you buy mac stuff?

Originally posted by DreaminDirector
I've never actually used MacMall, but what makes it so crappy? I tend to get everything from MacWarehouse. If anyone has any better places to go for mac stuff, I'd love to know!

Not that they are particularly crappy, but some just don't like some of their policies and company procedures.

Not sure what you mean in terms of "mac stuff," but most of the computer things that I buy new, I usually buy from provantage, buy.com, or newegg.com. Those places tend to really have the lowest prices.

Sometimes though, you can find some extremely hot deals from other stores though. Check out the hot deals forum over at http://www.fatwallet.com. There are usually some very good deals that pop up. Like my 40gb drive I scored for $15 each, and 48x burner for $30, not to mention a million other things. Once you start shopping this way, you'll never go back to macmall or macwarehouse...you just won't justify spending the extra money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.