Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

affirmallchance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Anybody know if Siri will be in all iphone 4s shipping to foreign countries if you set it to US English?

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
I believe Siri will be available to all iPhone 4S devices internationally. You just have to set the right type of English if you prefer US vs. British, etc.

Yasic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
I think it will only be France, Germany, UK in Europe. Luxembourg speaks french and german too and on apple.com/lu it says nothing about Siri on the 4s page :(

InfiniteLoopy

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2010
Does anyone have an update on whether Siri works in any country, as long as the phone is set to a supported language (English, French, German ...)?

haXis

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Czech Republic
http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri-faq.html

Can I use Siri in any of these languages in other countries?
Yes. Siri can be enabled in any country, and you can choose to speak to it in English, French, or German. However, Siri is designed to recognize the specific accents and dialects of the supported countries listed above. Since every language has its own accents and dialects, the accuracy rate will be higher for native speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.