Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LApanic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
First off, Im not a developer, but have iOS 5 running on my iPhone. To just mess around with the new services, I created a iCloud/.me account, instead of moving my current .me account over. I did all the setup/backup and email setup through the iCloud general settings in the settings app on the phone. I backed up my phone successfully to the newly created account and also used the automatically created iCloud account in mail to send some test mail.

My problem is that I cannot login into iCloud.com? I can login into Apple.com with those iCloud account credentials, but when I use the login at me.com, it directs me to a page that wants me to move to iCloud.com to setup, "Find My iPhone"

My main goal is to login to iCloud.com, but can't, can anyone explain whats going on here. Ive obviously created a successful iCloud account with the ability to backup phone settings, etc...so why all the issues?

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
First off, Im not a developer, but have iOS 5 running on my iPhone. To just mess around with the new services, I created a iCloud/.me account, instead of moving my current .me account over. I did all the setup/backup and email setup through the iCloud general settings in the settings app on the phone. I backed up my phone successfully to the newly created account and also used the automatically created iCloud account in mail to send some test mail.

My problem is that I cannot login into iCloud.com? I can login into Apple.com with those iCloud account credentials, but when I use the login at me.com, it directs me to a page that wants me to move to iCloud.com to setup, "Find My iPhone"

My main goal is to login to iCloud.com, but can't, can anyone explain whats going on here. Ive obviously created a successful iCloud account with the ability to backup phone settings, etc...so why all the issues?

Are you logging in with your new @me.com email or your original Apple ID?

1adam12

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2011
Icloud

I have a new 4s and have tried to use iCloud. I have a iTunes account, but when I try to access iCloud it says it can't verify the account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.