Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone3DG3

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
NorCal!
I was with AT&T for the past year or so with my iPhone 4. They gave me a 15% monthly discount through my University (voice only). Now that I'm leaving them for Sprint, I researched about getting discounts every month.

First off, my University does not have any relations with Sprint, so there were no discounts through them. However, I stumbled upon a website called StudentRate, and said they can offer a 23% discount on the Sprint services, specifically for the iPhone 4 and 4S. Here is the site:

http://studentrate.com/StudentRate/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=817

Have you guys ever heard of this site before? It seems too good to be true (maybe it is). What do you guys think? They said they only require your phone number and order number.

Last edited:

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I've personally never heard of the site but it may be legit.

Someone just posted a website a few days ago for college students. I'll try to look for it.

jp700p

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
I sure do, the company I work for we get 30% off with AT&T :-D

hY3RZ.jpg

theDUB

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2008
SLT, CA
Sprint is The Official Communications Provider to my employer so I could get a discount with them. But I still choose ATT.

smorris

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ohio
Do you have any sort of monthly discount on your iPhone bill?

I am on AT&T and get 30% off of my 700 minute family plan and any data plan $25 or more. I do not get get a discount on the $30 unlimited text plan. This is through my employer.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I get a 17% discount through AT&T because of my employer. I think we also have Verizon and Sprint discounts, but I've always been with AT&T so I've never paid much attention.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
I was with AT&T for the past year or so with my iPhone 4. They gave me a 15% monthly discount through my University (voice only). Now that I'm leaving them for Sprint, I researched about getting discounts every month.

First off, my University does not have any relations with Sprint, so there were no discounts through them. However, I stumbled upon a website called StudentRate, and said they can offer a 23% discount on the Sprint services, specifically for the iPhone 4 and 4S. Here is the site:

http://studentrate.com/StudentRate/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=817

Have you guys ever heard of this site before? It seems too good to be true (maybe it is). What do you guys think? They said they only require your phone number and order number.

Studentrate is indeed legit. I got a discount through them for over a year until I started at my current job. If I didn't get a discount through my current job I'd actually still be using Studentrate

IIRC there was some odd method I had to use to get the discount. I had to use some e-mail address that was something like myname@studentrate.com or some such but the directions they gave me worked just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.