Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Hey guys, here is a trick of how to find your iPhone order even if Apple hasn't sent you a shipping confirmation. First, your iPhone 4S order has to say preparing for shipment though. Last year when I ordered the iPhone 4 someone in the MacRumors forum showed everyone how to find their shipment. Apple usually ships via FedEx or UPS so in order to find your iPhone 4S shipment all you have to know if your phone number and zip code. Here's what you do:

1. Go to FedEx or UPS.com
2. Find where it says track by reference.
3. Type in the required information, primarily your phone number associated with your order.
4. You should see your shipment as long as your order status says "Preparing for Shipment"

xdbuix

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Virginia
Hey guys, here is a trick of how to find your iPhone order even if Apple hasn't sent you a shipping confirmation. First, your iPhone 4S order has to say preparing for shipment though. Last year when I ordered the iPhone 4 someone in the MacRumors forum showed everyone how to find their shipment. Apple usually ships via FedEx or UPS so in order to find your iPhone 4S shipment all you have to know if your phone number and zip code. Here's what you do:

1. Go to FedEx or UPS.com
2. Find where it says track by reference.
3. Type in the required information, primarily your phone number associated with your order.
4. You should see your shipment as long as your order status says "Preparing for Shipment"

well now i know verizon orders doesnt work wtih that. Just tried it haha

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
From A Sprint.com Order

screentracking.jpg

UPS.jpg

tracking2.jpg

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Gotta say, I love the "a shiny new iPhone" comment that Sprint is using.

bollweevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Did you order via your carrier or via Apple.com?
Apple.com.

I ordered at 5 PM ET on October 7, and my current status on Apple.com is "Preparing for Shipment".

I am not particularly worried, I was just adding my own data.

lyrastar

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Elko, NV
Can't find mine on either and I ordered right when pre-orders opened on Apple.com (or, after they were fixed anyway) :\

burmguy

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
We already have a Sprint thread going but with that said both of my phones have shipped but with 2 seperate UPS tracking numbers
\

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
I ordered from apple.com, in prepared for shipment, and not working for me.

Same here.

EDIT. I take it back, just checked UPS and it showed up. Coming from China to be delivered by end of the day on Friday. I was hoping for some early iPhone action but I guess Friday it is!

Last edited:

ds111

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2009
I'm also confused as to what people are using as their "reference". I tried my name, my phone # in different formats and couldn't get it to work. Those who have been able to get it to work: what did you type for reference, and in what format?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.