Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I want to get a vapor pro white from aliexpress but im not sure if they are worth it. Any reviews on how they fit and quality?

Last edited:

BigDogg

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
TN
For those of you who ordered from aliexpress.com, how did you specify the color combination, and which shipping method did you choose?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
have also bought from aliexpress, will post impressions when i receive! why are they so cheap? what are the differences between these and the real things....

BigDogg

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
TN
Did anyone else have issues with ordering through aliexpress.com site? After entering credit card information (visa), a message says that Sorry, your payment was not successful! No money has been deducted. There are plenty of funds in my account...

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Did anyone else have issues with ordering through aliexpress.com site? After entering credit card information (visa), a message says that Sorry, your payment was not successful! No money has been deducted. There are plenty of funds in my account...

in all honesty, live chat with the seller if you can. More often than not they will accept paypal (and you will be covered incase of scams).

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011

was going to order from them since they had the best reviews but when i looked at the colors it didnt mention anything about the all white one even though it had pictures of it. Prob should of ordered from them anyway and asked. Ill let everyone know how mine is, and let me know if yours is good too.

have also bought from aliexpress, will post impressions when i receive! why are they so cheap? what are the differences between these and the real things....

The difference between these and the real thing is that China can produce them way cheaper then America and are not charging ridiculous amounts cause of the name. But sometimes the ones from China don't always work out its just a matter of finding the right seller who can make a good copy.

Last edited:

BigDogg

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
TN
Dropped some $ today

Well I ended up dropping some cash on cases today. I ended up with :
1. Blood red/ black vapor pro spectra from elementcase.com - $129
2. blue/ silver/ black vapor pro from ioffer.com - $32
3. black ops vapor pro from aliexpress.com - $25

Total 3 cases - $186
Full retail for all 3 would have been over $400, but the quality on 2 and 3 is questionable. My suspicions, however is that it will be hard to tell the difference between them.

I'll let you guys know how the knock offs compare to the real deal.

mechaBORED

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
I ordered a knockoff Black Ops from this seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...-Aluminium-Case-for-iphone-4-wholesalers.html

Got the link for them on another thread here on the forums.

It's pretty nice because it actually has "Black Ops" on the side instead of "Vapor Pro" unlike some of the other Black Ops knockoffs. It also comes with a black screwdriver like the real ones have.

Ordered on Saturday night. Shipped out Hong Kong Post air Monday morning.

autigerMark

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
Daphne, AL
If this is a legit copy with a good fit and no reception issues it could be a steal. Looks nice in the pictures anyway. I'll bookmark this thread and look at the reviews in a couple of months. I've already spent around $60 for two cases so far. I don't want to get carried away :)

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I ordered a knockoff Black Ops from this seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...-Aluminium-Case-for-iphone-4-wholesalers.html

Got the link for them on another thread here on the forums.

It's pretty nice because it actually has "Black Ops" on the side instead of "Vapor Pro" unlike some of the other Black Ops knockoffs. It also comes with a black screwdriver like the real ones have.

Ordered on Saturday night. Shipped out Hong Kong Post air Monday morning.

so u should be getting your soon? let me know how the fit is

mechaBORED

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
No problem. I'll snap some pics when it comes in. I got it for my pre-ordered 4S though. And seeing as I don't even have a 4 yet (and how much of a TOTAL mess at&t's pre-orders are right now) it might be a while till I actually get it on the phone. lol

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Picked up a black ops and a white vapor pro last night. Might be a while before I see them though. I noticed that my big hands benefit from a case like these.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
i wouldnt be surprised if ebay sellers buy this at wholesale and sell them on for a massive profit.....struggling to see the difference between the fake and real ones!

does anyone have a real and a fake one they can compare?

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
i wouldnt be surprised if ebay sellers buy this at wholesale and sell them on for a massive profit.....struggling to see the difference between the fake and real ones!

does anyone have a real and a fake one they can compare?

i saw someone post in the vapor pro thread a picture of the fake and the real side by side and they looked pretty much identical.

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
I brought a fake vapor off of aliexpress few months back.

It was horrible... super bad fitment and missing the power button. But i did get a full refund.

the picture they had for my vapor was NOT what i receive. I really want to order again, going to wait for yall's review :) hope u guys have a better experience

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.