Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:56 AM   #1
UpdatingPB
macrumors newbie

Speakers wont work. Audio Jack problem?

Hey everyone,

I've got a 2007 MacBook (C2D 2.1 GHz, 1 gb Ram). Recently after trying to connect it to my audio system the speakers of the MacBook itself stopped functioning. I notice that a blue light is coming from the audio jack, i can still hear sound through my headphones when i plugg them in.

Can the problem be that my computer thinks that the headphones are plugged in all the time, even when they're not? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
UpdatingPB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2
esmith
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpdatingPB View Post
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2007 MacBook (C2D 2.1 GHz, 1 gb Ram). Recently after trying to connect it to my audio system the speakers of the MacBook itself stopped functioning. I notice that a blue light is coming from the audio jack, i can still hear sound through my headphones when i plugg them in.

Can the problem be that my computer thinks that the headphones are plugged in all the time, even when they're not? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

I've seen this happen before where the pin gets stuck inside the jack. I've heard of some people being able to get the pin to release with a paper clip. I tried it once but didn't have any luck.
Tech
esmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook