Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:04 AM   #1
sracer
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Does an iPod Touch case with "squared" edges exist?

One of my frustrations with my 4G iPod Touch is that the edges slope to the back so severely that the buttons are in an awkward location. I much prefer the "squared" edges of the iPhone 4 which allow easier access to the buttons.

Is there a case on the market for the iPod Touch 4G that compensates for those edges and makes the sides more squared?

(If this is making any sense)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	305609  
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2
sracer
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ok, answering my own question....

Yes it does exist.



I just received mine yesterday. This is a terrific case! Exactly what I was looking for. It looks and feels like a thinner iPhone 4. (the smoke clear back shows the Apple logo) The buttons are now very easy to press and overall the device feels solid in the hand.

Last edited by sracer; Oct 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:29 AM   #3
grndayjeg
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
would you please be able to tell me what brand of case that is or possibly where i could get it. i have been looking for something like that for hours and nothing. thanks.

----------

nevermind. i feel really stupid. i did not think to click the word exist...i though it was one of those things where you scroll over the word and a little bubble pops up from it showing some add randomly. sorry for wasting your time
grndayjeg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:50 AM   #4
sracer
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndayjeg View Post
would you please be able to tell me what brand of case that is or possibly where i could get it. i have been looking for something like that for hours and nothing. thanks.

----------

nevermind. i feel really stupid. i did not think to click the word exist...i though it was one of those things where you scroll over the word and a little bubble pops up from it showing some add randomly. sorry for wasting your time
No problem.

Here's the link for anyone else who may have missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573RTDQ

It is called the CookieCase.

The only issue I have with it is that the back plastic of the case gets scratched just by looking at it. The smoke clear back (the one that I have) appears to hide the scratches better than the solid black back. In spite of that, the more I use this case, the more I love it.
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:25 PM   #5
karma13612
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
The only issue I have with it is that the back plastic of the case gets scratched just by looking at it. The smoke clear back (the one that I have) appears to hide the scratches better than the solid black back. In spite of that, the more I use this case, the more I love it.
based on your positive comments, I just ordered one today to go with my iPod Touch Black, 4G/32GB that I ordered today. They will go together perfectly, I'm sure!!
karma13612 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:32 PM   #6
JunkyDog
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
No problem.

Here's the link for anyone else who may have missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573RTDQ

It is called the CookieCase.

The only issue I have with it is that the back plastic of the case gets scratched just by looking at it. The smoke clear back (the one that I have) appears to hide the scratches better than the solid black back. In spite of that, the more I use this case, the more I love it.
Is there any for the 3G version as well? Would love to have one too, but does it exists for the 3G version?? It has the power button on top left, not top right..
__________________
iPhone 4 - 16GB - IOS 5.0.1 Un-Tethered
iPhone 4 - 16GB - IOS 5.0.1 Un-Tethered
iPod Touch 3G - 32GB - IOS 4.1.0 Un-Tethered
JunkyDog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:49 PM   #7
sracer
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma13612 View Post
based on your positive comments, I just ordered one today to go with my iPod Touch Black, 4G/32GB that I ordered today. They will go together perfectly, I'm sure!!
Nice! Congrats on the new Touch in-transit.

Keep in mind that the case is a snug fit. The back of the iPod Touch must be naked (no skin) when inserting it into the case.
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:20 AM   #8
JunkyDog
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Nice! Congrats on the new Touch in-transit.

Keep in mind that the case is a snug fit. The back of the iPod Touch must be naked (no skin) when inserting it into the case.
So it dont exist for the 3G version. Nice to know.. thnx...
__________________
iPhone 4 - 16GB - IOS 5.0.1 Un-Tethered
iPhone 4 - 16GB - IOS 5.0.1 Un-Tethered
iPod Touch 3G - 32GB - IOS 4.1.0 Un-Tethered
JunkyDog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:14 PM   #9
sracer
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyDog View Post
So it dont exist for the 3G version. Nice to know.. thnx...
As far as I know, the CookieCase only exists for the 4G. There may be a different case with similar design for the 3G. I don't own a 3G so I didn't look.
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 07:57 PM   #10
cma040
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Alternatives

Sorry for necroing this 10-month-old thread, but:

Are there ANY alternatives to the cookiecase? It's been 10 months and nothing new is out?

I'm looking for an iPod Touch case that has "squared" edges, much like the cookiecase, but preferably without the strange opening at the bottom. Everywhere I look, people are complaining about that opening, yet 10 months onwards and they haven't done anything about it, and noone else has made something similiar (improvements)?

Anyway, I have come across silicone cases for the iPod that have corners squared off, but the designs are very playful and immature, "fun" - such as the "Waddler" case and the other Fun series by case-mate.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any other square-edged iPod tough 4G cases BESIDES the Cookiecase? The price differences between an iPod Touch 4G and even a secondhand/faulty iPhone in my country is still too big for it to be considered ><

Thanks in advanced
cma040 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:42 PM   #11
itouchipodtouch
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma040 View Post
Sorry for necroing this 10-month-old thread, but:

Are there ANY alternatives to the cookiecase? It's been 10 months and nothing new is out?

I'm looking for an iPod Touch case that has "squared" edges, much like the cookiecase, but preferably without the strange opening at the bottom. Everywhere I look, people are complaining about that opening, yet 10 months onwards and they haven't done anything about it, and noone else has made something similiar (improvements)?

Anyway, I have come across silicone cases for the iPod that have corners squared off, but the designs are very playful and immature, "fun" - such as the "Waddler" case and the other Fun series by case-mate.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any other square-edged iPod tough 4G cases BESIDES the Cookiecase? The price differences between an iPod Touch 4G and even a secondhand/faulty iPhone in my country is still too big for it to be considered ><

Thanks in advanced
There is a sillicone case called cassette case search it on eBay you will find it
itouchipodtouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Grenades&Ham
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Is this the exact shape as an iPhone 4? I'd like to know because I have been wanting an iPhone case that doesnt come in an iPod version. So is this the exact same shape and can you fit an iPhone case over it?
Grenades&Ham is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:37 PM   #13
sracer
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenades&Ham View Post
Is this the exact shape as an iPhone 4? I'd like to know because I have been wanting an iPhone case that doesnt come in an iPod version. So is this the exact same shape and can you fit an iPhone case over it?
No. The cookiecase is wider than the iPhone 4. It won't fit inside an iPhone 4 case. (great idea though! I was hoping for the same thing)
sracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:48 PM   #14
LeCoquelicot33
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
How about for white?

I want a white iPod. With the clear case, would I see the white? Thanks for your time.
LeCoquelicot33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mail & Gmail: error: "inbox" does not exist! savedave OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Sep 24, 2013 08:49 PM
InCase Neoprene 13" MBA case... doesn't exist? stagmeister MacBook Air 4 Aug 6, 2013 11:37 AM
Does "vlc remote" that controls "vlc for iOS" exist? Thanks kocoman iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Jul 22, 2013 12:55 PM
Ipod Touch 4G stuck on the "connect to itunes" screen akoumarina iPod touch 8 May 12, 2013 12:31 AM
iPod touch stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen Falconzblue iPod touch 4 Mar 28, 2013 02:38 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC