Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where and what is your iPhone 4S?

• Shipping 16 Black

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Shipping 32 Black

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Shipping 64 Black

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Shipping 16 White

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Shipping 32 White

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Shipping 64 White

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Still processing 16 black

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Still processing 32 black

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Still processing 64 black

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Still processing 16 white

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Still processing 32 white

• Still processing 64 white

• Total voters

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Mine's neither shipping nor processing but rather "Preparing for shipment." It's stuck in the middle. :(

sexybastard

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Ordered my 16gb black 4S from apple.com for sprint and it's still at preparing for shipment.

I've tried the UPS/Fedex reference trick but still not showing up on either :(

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Sorry. Just assume preparing for shipping and still processing are the same.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Sorry. Just assume preparing for shipping and still processing are the same.

They're not the same at all.

Processing is the same as prepare for shipment. If you click on the link that is the exact definition.
No, you're not correct, at least on the Apple Store. They have four categories for orders.

What are the different states of an order?

We've received your order:
We've received your order and will begin processing it soon! You may be able to modify your order details once the order enters the processing items status.

Processing Items:
We're processing your order right now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.

Preparing for Shipment:
We are preparing your item(s) to ship. While your item is being prepared, we are unable to modify your order details. We will email you a Shipment Notification with complete order details once your order leaves our warehouse.

Shipped:
Your order has shipped! Your carrier tracking number will be updated in online Order Status and the carrier's website within 24 hours.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA

No, you're not correct, at least on the Apple Store. They have four categories for orders.

We've received your order and will begin processing it soon! You may be able to modify your order details once the order enters the processing items status.

Processing Items:
We're processing your order right now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.

Preparing for Shipment:
We are preparing your item(s) to ship. While your item is being prepared, we are unable to modify your order details. We will email you a Shipment Notification with complete order details once your order leaves our warehouse.

Shipped:
Your order has shipped! Your carrier tracking number will be updated in online Order Status and the carrier's website within 24 hours.

I guess I should have specified. I ordered through AT&T.

KFOG

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
Mine is sitting comfortably in "1st Class", sipping on a cocktail somewhere over the Pacific enroute to Anchorage

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008

Processing Items:

Preparing for Shipment:

Shipped:

I know they're not the same. I just want to see if the people that are getting tracking numbers are getting a specific version and if there's a pattern for those that are not getting it.

LeeRod

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
I have no idea where it is lol :D

Ordered from Apple, it says Preparing to ship, delivery Oct. 14th. Not to worried about it, I have confidence that it will be here on Friday.;)

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
stuck on can't find my order status. i'm not worried any more. they changed my contract date, they gave me a shipping order number, they did the dance with the bank, they left my unlim data plan alone. someday, and probably on friday, I'll get the phone. i swear it's all about their data hooks. they just can't find orders that are not for the primary number, and they go nuts if you have a family plan with two eligible lines and update both of them. everything ends up associated to the primary number, or if its only the nonprimary number being updated, the details get fixed but no query against that line serves up any order info. Perhaps this is what happens in a company that pays great dividends instead of investing in modern data warehousing. I feel bad for all those reps peering into green screen computer monitors from the 1980s...

otoh, there's an overwhelming amount of info trying to make its way through their systems in the past three days. Still, if you can fit the library of congress on a few 4TB drives (or fewer?), how long can it take to process a quarter-million tersely described iPhone orders?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.