Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:47 PM   #1
jason2811
macrumors 6502a

Can I use Lion Install Drive for my old MacBook Pro?

I just bought a new MacBook Air, which came with OS X Lion. Can I use the install drive to update my older MacBook Pro to Lion (it currently has Snow Leopard)? Thanks.
jason2811 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Takashi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2811 View Post
I just bought a new MacBook Air, which came with OS X Lion. Can I use the install drive to update my older MacBook Pro to Lion (it currently has Snow Leopard)? Thanks.
Well, it's worth a try but don't bank on it. If I am correct, the apple restore DVDs are machine specific and you can't use one disc on another machine unless they are the exact same model. I got an error message last time when I put a MBP restore DVD into an iMac.
Takashi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X