Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:14 PM   #1
macbookpro45
macrumors 6502

Best sleeve for the iPad 2 with a smartcover + back protector on?

I'm looking for a sleeve (under $25) that will fit my iPad 2 with a smart cover and ZUM SC ultimate on. I'm thinking about this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834990174, but would like feedback/suggestions.
macbookpro45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2
glen e
macrumors 68030

I'm sure that's fine but I want something of better quality. I don't give a damn about shaving money on things less than 30 bucks, so I go Waterfield all the way:

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/slipcase-ipad.php
glen e is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:20 PM   #3
macbookpro45
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
I'm sure that's fine but I want something of better quality. I don't give a damn about shaving money on things less than 30 bucks, so I go Waterfield all the way:

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/slipcase-ipad.php
Thanks for the input. My only issue with the waterfield is the lack of a zipper. I'm a nut for that type of stuff so I suppose I should have specified I'm looking for something that can 'seal' the iPad in (i.e. a zipper would suffice).
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:00 AM   #4
macbookpro45
macrumors 6502

anyone else?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbookpro45
anyone else?
Black Smartcover + Black zagg leatherskin + neoprene messenger.

This one, but don't remember paying so much when i picked it up off rack locally, really like, http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CFYQ8gIwBQ
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:33 PM   #6
MathRulz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbookpro45 View Post
Thanks for the input. My only issue with the waterfield is the lack of a zipper. I'm a nut for that type of stuff so I suppose I should have specified I'm looking for something that can 'seal' the iPad in (i.e. a zipper would suffice).
I had an iPad with apple smart cover, Enki back cover, and in a WaterField Smart Case. Same issue--no mechanism to latch the iPad safely inside, whether zipper, strap, etc. Clumsy me--I was walking from my office to my car when I dropped the iPad (had it in my hand). It landed the worst possible way--on a corner edge--and pushed the metal of the back in enough to crack the glass, which then shattered on about a third of the screen. I don't know if the iPad slid out slightly when falling or whether I didn't have it all the way in the Smart Case to begin with.

Now in the office and when traveling, I use a Maroo case (padded an with bumpers on the corners) and Targus netbook bag. In other situations I still use the Apple smart cover and Enki back case in a WaterField iPad Wallet, which does have a zipper.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories