Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
I want to buy the plantronics voyager pro plus to compliment my 4S, however i want the headset to be able to activate siri by using the button on the side of it that is typically used for voice commands on other phones. I dont want to buy this if it is not going to work with siri as that is one of the main reasons i am buying it. So does anybody know if that button will activate it?

And another question that is kinda off the beat from the subject.
Has anybody any experience with the plantronics multi-point technology? as i own two phones and this is a another big reason why i want this headset because it says it can connect to two phones simultaneously

:apple::apple:

cromeyellow

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2003
San Diego
iPhone 4S + Plantronics Voyager Pro HD - issues

Sometimes when I press and hold the main button on the Voyager Pro HD, it does activate SIRI but sometimes it does not.

Also, sometimes when I press the button twice, it places the last outgoing call made, and sometimes it does not.

And finally, it seems that despite the fact that I have the 4S set:
General > Accessibility > Incoming Calls > Headset
when it comes to OUTGOING calls, it seems like I mostly have to click audio sources to select the <PLT VoyagerPRO> headset or else it defaults to the phone speaker.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I dont want to buy this if it is not going to work with siri as that is one of the main reasons i am buying it.
If that's the case then make sure that the headsets you're considering clearly state that they support it. Features aren't just thrown in and not mentioned when they would be a selling point.

cromeyellow

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2003
San Diego
If that's the case then make sure that the headsets you're considering clearly state that they support it. Features aren't just thrown in and not mentioned when they would be a selling point.

Would that it were that simple. The Plantronics Voyager PRO HD according to some online reviews and manufacturer's specs is supposed to work with Siri and integrate perfectly with the iPhone but, as noted above, it does not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.