Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Specklez

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
United Kingdom
About time, I can finally download songs I bought 4 years ago which were lost.

Thanks for posting this, wouldn't have known otherwise :3

Shame they're still m4p D: Oh well, not a big deal.

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
Nice, however some songs say currently currently unavailable if you try to download them.

Got 133 songs available to download as iTunes decided a few months ago to delete them from my library!

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
I can't see it in the iOS app, can you point me in the right direction please?

Lets hope that iTunes match for the UK isn't too far behind.
I'm still on iOS4 on an iPhone 4 (though will be upgrading to iOS 5 today I hope).
In the iTunes app there's a "Purchased" icon at the bottom, which brings up all your previous iTunes purchases (you can view All or just those "Not on This iPhone")
photo2.png

Choosing an artist lets you download songs by tapping the cloud icon.

photo3.png

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
Mines there now (on ios5)

Swear it wasnt there before!

Wasn't earlier, recently came online in iTunes app.

Right got it down to one that is temporarily unavailable - however it says 6 songs available under All Songs, click it - it shows 4! Two songs aren't showing!! I'll check that later to see if it comes available or via iPhone.
Edit: iPhone also shows (1) for Kanye West going into it it says All Songs (0) grr.

JLB-UK

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
UK
I'm still on iOS4 on an iPhone 4 (though will be upgrading to iOS 5 today I hope).
In the iTunes app there's a "Purchased" icon at the bottom, which brings up all your previous iTunes purchases (you can view All or just those "Not on This iPhone")

Choosing an artist lets you download songs by tapping the cloud icon.

Thank you, wasn't there earlier for me. To get it to work I had to force quit the iTunes app then reopened was there.

Thanks for your help :) time to do some downloading!

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Helps if you sign out of the store and then sign in again.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I wonder, is "purchased" content going to show up in the iPod app so you can download it directly, rather than having to go into the iTunes app to download it?

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes it's in the iTunes app. It should appear as an option at the bottom of the screen.

Try signing out of the store and then back in again.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010

Yes it's in the iTunes app. It should appear as an option at the bottom of the screen.

I know it's in the iTunes app. My point is, it's an extra process you have to go through to get there. It'd make more sense for the artist/album to be displayed in your iPod app, but when you click on it, it prompts you to download it from iCloud. Rather than having to go into iTunes, then have to go back to the iPod app to listen.

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Tom8 said:

I know it's in the iTunes app. My point is, it's an extra process you have to go through to get there. It'd make more sense for the artist/album to be displayed in your iPod app, but when you click on it, it prompts you to download it from iCloud. Rather than having to go into iTunes, then have to go back to the iPod app to listen.

Right gotcha.

It's all handled through the iTunes app. To be fair it only takes a few seconds to switch between the two apps.

You can also set an iOS device to automatically download new purchases made on all devices under Settings, Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.