|Oct 12, 2011, 10:22 AM||#1|
Manually Configure iCloud for Snow Leopard?
Since OS X Snow Leopard is not natively compatible with iCloud, is it possible to manually configure Snow Leopard's Mail & iCal to work with iCloud?
Still don't get why I can't save a Word File from an email on my iPhone without some third-party app.
Last edited by FSMBP; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
|Oct 20, 2011, 03:05 AM||#2|
1. Go to the native email client application and go to new account setup.
2. Fill your email address “firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com” and password and click on the Manual Setup.
3. Choose IMAP and fill “p07-imap.mail.me.com” (or p01-imap.mail.me.com etc..)port: 993 and Security type : SSL.
4. On the following screen configure smtp server by entering these values
SMTP Server: smtp.me.com
Security type: TLS
You need to check “Require Sign In” and provide your username and password. Keep in mind that your username should not be your full email id but just the part before @sign e.g enter sa123 for email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Enter the values in option fields and enjoy your icloud mail
^I followed the above tutorial from http://santosh.wordpress.com and it worked for my android (it should work for all mail clients).
Hope this helps!
Haswell i5 3 GHz 8 GB Ram 128 GB SSD Mavericks
|Oct 20, 2011, 09:08 AM||#3|
iCal manual settings
Open iCal - Preferences - Accounts - +
Account Type 'CalDAV'
Username: (iCloud.com username)
Password: (iCloud.com password)
Server Address: caldav.icloud.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Manually trigger iCloud sync?||drewc1138||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||3||Apr 19, 2014 08:42 AM|
|All iPads: Syncing iPad Mini Retina with Snow Leopard w.o iCloud||pgflmac||iPad||1||Dec 3, 2013 09:08 PM|
|Syncing Snow Leopard iCal with iCloud/iPad||hamage||iCloud and Apple Services||4||Jan 6, 2013 07:46 AM|
|Need iCloud - have Snow Leopard. Which upgrade?||macmesser||Mac Pro||3||Dec 24, 2012 11:33 AM|
|Resolved: New (old?) iCloud mail setting for Snow Leopard as of July 1st||bengi||iCloud and Apple Services||2||Jul 4, 2012 09:55 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.