|Oct 12, 2011, 10:22 AM||#1|
Manually Configure iCloud for Snow Leopard?
Since OS X Snow Leopard is not natively compatible with iCloud, is it possible to manually configure Snow Leopard's Mail & iCal to work with iCloud?
Still don't get why I can't save a PDF from an email on iPhone without some third-party app.
Last edited by FSMBP; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
|Oct 20, 2011, 03:05 AM||#2|
1. Go to the native email client application and go to new account setup.
2. Fill your email address “firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com” and password and click on the Manual Setup.
3. Choose IMAP and fill “p07-imap.mail.me.com” (or p01-imap.mail.me.com etc..)port: 993 and Security type : SSL.
4. On the following screen configure smtp server by entering these values
SMTP Server: smtp.me.com
Security type: TLS
You need to check “Require Sign In” and provide your username and password. Keep in mind that your username should not be your full email id but just the part before @sign e.g enter sa123 for email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Enter the values in option fields and enjoy your icloud mail
^I followed the above tutorial from http://santosh.wordpress.com and it worked for my android (it should work for all mail clients).
Hope this helps!
Haswell i5 3 GHz 8 GB Ram 128 GB SSD Mavericks
|Oct 20, 2011, 09:08 AM||#3|
iCal manual settings
Open iCal - Preferences - Accounts - +
Account Type 'CalDAV'
Username: (iCloud.com username)
Password: (iCloud.com password)
Server Address: caldav.icloud.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Finally! Sync your Address CardDav in OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard||bm2amb||iCloud and Apple Services||83||Jan 3, 2014 06:18 PM|
|iOS 5, iCloud, and Snow Leopard?||AIP5||iOS 5 and earlier||39||May 20, 2012 10:21 PM|
|Photostream on Snow Leopard 10.6.8?||jzone3||iOS 5 and earlier||0||Oct 15, 2011 11:15 AM|
|Worth to get back to the Snow Leopard or stay in Lion?||Kaelbron||OS X||2||Sep 25, 2011 06:48 AM|
|Will Stronghold 1 for mac work on snow leopard?||j.burris||Mac and PC Games||11||May 24, 2011 03:31 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.