Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:50 PM   #601
Iris Chrome
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
Did you ever have a pre-release of iOS 5 on your machine? I'm guessing the version of iOS 5 stored in your iTunes is an expired beta.
No, actually this is the first iPhone I connect to this laptop. Never connected an iPad to it either and haven't connected my iPod touch in almost a year. My iTunes is version 10.5 but I'm still using snow leopard. I don't think that should make a difference though.

If I can't get this fixed by friday, I'm gonna have to take my iPhone back
Iris Chrome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:58 AM   #602
gemnilocs
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris Chrome View Post
Is anyone still receiving this message when they restore their iPhone?

I just bought a new AT&T 4S as device only yesterday. When I plug it in to iTunes everything seems fine but when I try to restore, it gives me the message "the iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I put the phone in DFU mode but I still get the same message. There isn't anything helpful on Apple's website either.
have you jail broken any other idevices? if so there may be remnants of the jailbreak on your system...I had the same issue with my iPad because my iPhone was jailbriken but my iPad was not. I can't remember the website but I found instructions on how to change the wording of one file and after doing so I was able to update my iPad. just do a google search with the error message. good luck.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 06:49 AM   #603
Iris Chrome
macrumors newbie

^^ Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! You're the most awesomerest

I had jailbroken my iPod touch eons ago and completely forgot that I had set iTunes to Cydia servers. It was so simple once I figured it out.
Iris Chrome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 09:05 AM   #604
gemnilocs
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris Chrome View Post
^^ Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! You're the most awesomerest

I had jailbroken my iPod touch eons ago and completely forgot that I had set iTunes to Cydia servers. It was so simple once I figured it out.
glad to hear.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:22 PM   #605
wrightm1991
macrumors newbie

found a fix

Use a program you can download for Mac and PC called Recboot. Fixed mine within minutes.
wrightm1991 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Tags
ios 5 verizon iphone