Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szolr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
OK so I've just moved to iCloud. With multiple accounts. I had an Apple ID that was a Gmail account and upgraded that. I also moved my MobileMe account-different apple id. So now I still have 2 apple ids. Well I knew that'd happen. It'd be nice if one could merge them, but this discussion isn't about that. I already know you can't yet.

The thing is the apple id that was example@gmail.com. I thought my id would now be example@me.com. Apparently not... Oh well... So I go to the apple id site thinking I may be able to change the linked email address. And this is what I see: [view image here].

Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 19.25.36.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 19.25.36.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 107

Salukipilot4590

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm just as frustrated...I'm trying to send a verification email and I can BARELY get past the "Manage your account" login page.

I think I should just give up till later tonight. Even then I'm sure I'll have issues with two gmail emails.

It just works right?

szolr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
It just works right?

lol. That's the idea. I haven't bothered trying to download iOS 5 yet even because I just know it'll be at snail pace tonight. I'll wait til tomorrow.

^ Just goes to show how much we've learnt from Apple's history-it's the same every major software release...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.