Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1
redboxcar
macrumors regular

Created new @me.com using my iPhone for someone else, now associated w/ my Apple ID

I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
jackrv
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?

Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3
modit
macrumors 6502

Safe Thing To Do?

I created iCloud account for my parent, sister and myself on our iMac yesterday. I had only had 3 more @me.com accounts to go when I got the "Account Limit Reached" message.

Can I create the last 3 accounts on an iPhone without messing up my dad's iCloud email association?

Thank you!
Mac mini (July 2011) 2.5GHz i5 + AirPort Extreme
modit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:20 PM   #4
redboxcar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrv View Post
Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.
I went to that website and I was able to change some of the basic info, such as name, birthdate, password - however, when I go to edit the "primary email address" it lets me type his email address in, but when I click save, it doesn't do anything... I tried it like 30 times, haha. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:55 AM   #5
modit
macrumors 6502

Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone

Please and and thank you!
Mac mini (July 2011) 2.5GHz i5 + AirPort Extreme
modit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:19 PM   #6
redboxcar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by modit View Post
Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone

Please and and thank you!
I dunno the answer, but I'll say this: I wouldn't do it because even though it didn't "mess up" my existing account, it associated the new iCloud account with my existing account, so now that person's iCloud account is linked 100% with my Apple ID.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Claefer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Forever yours, I'm afraid. Apple IDs and @me.com addresses are permanently tied together like a bad marriage.
Claefer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:43 PM   #8
redboxcar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claefer View Post
Forever yours, I'm afraid. Apple IDs and @me.com addresses are permanently tied together like a bad marriage.
Ugh, that is annoying.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Claefer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ugh, that is annoying.
Only way to fix this is to set up an entirely new Apple ID account, which will also allow you to make another @me.com address. Of course this new account will have none of your purchase history. And remember you're limited to three @me.com addresses per device.
Claefer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services