Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1
redboxcar
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Created new @me.com using my iPhone for someone else, now associated w/ my Apple ID

I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?
__________________
macbook pro | retina | late 2013 | 13" | 2.4 ghz i5 | 8gb ddr3 | 256gb
mac mini | mid 2010 | 2.4 ghz c2d | 8gb ddr3 | 320gb
iphone 6+ | 64gb | white/gold
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
jackrv
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?

Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.
__________________
2010 iMac 27" i5 16Gb - iPhone 3GS - Samsung Galaxy Nexus (don't hate!) Airport Extreme Base Station Airport Express
jackrv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3
modit
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Safe Thing To Do?

I created iCloud account for my parent, sister and myself on our iMac yesterday. I had only had 3 more @me.com accounts to go when I got the "Account Limit Reached" message.

Can I create the last 3 accounts on an iPhone without messing up my dad's iCloud email association?

Thank you!
__________________
15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013) 2GHz Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 500 SSD
iPhone 4 32GB [iOS 7]
27" iMac (Mid 2010) 3.2GHz i3, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD
Mac mini (July 2011) 2.5GHz i5 + AirPort Extreme
modit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:20 PM   #4
redboxcar
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrv View Post
Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.
I went to that website and I was able to change some of the basic info, such as name, birthdate, password - however, when I go to edit the "primary email address" it lets me type his email address in, but when I click save, it doesn't do anything... I tried it like 30 times, haha. Any suggestions?
__________________
macbook pro | retina | late 2013 | 13" | 2.4 ghz i5 | 8gb ddr3 | 256gb
mac mini | mid 2010 | 2.4 ghz c2d | 8gb ddr3 | 320gb
iphone 6+ | 64gb | white/gold
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:55 AM   #5
modit
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone

Please and and thank you!
__________________
15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013) 2GHz Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 500 SSD
iPhone 4 32GB [iOS 7]
27" iMac (Mid 2010) 3.2GHz i3, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD
Mac mini (July 2011) 2.5GHz i5 + AirPort Extreme
modit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:19 PM   #6
redboxcar
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by modit View Post
Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone

Please and and thank you!
I dunno the answer, but I'll say this: I wouldn't do it because even though it didn't "mess up" my existing account, it associated the new iCloud account with my existing account, so now that person's iCloud account is linked 100% with my Apple ID.
__________________
macbook pro | retina | late 2013 | 13" | 2.4 ghz i5 | 8gb ddr3 | 256gb
mac mini | mid 2010 | 2.4 ghz c2d | 8gb ddr3 | 320gb
iphone 6+ | 64gb | white/gold
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Claefer
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?
Forever yours, I'm afraid. Apple IDs and @me.com addresses are permanently tied together like a bad marriage.
Claefer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:43 PM   #8
redboxcar
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claefer View Post
Forever yours, I'm afraid. Apple IDs and @me.com addresses are permanently tied together like a bad marriage.
Ugh, that is annoying.
__________________
macbook pro | retina | late 2013 | 13" | 2.4 ghz i5 | 8gb ddr3 | 256gb
mac mini | mid 2010 | 2.4 ghz c2d | 8gb ddr3 | 320gb
iphone 6+ | 64gb | white/gold
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Claefer
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
Ugh, that is annoying.
Only way to fix this is to set up an entirely new Apple ID account, which will also allow you to make another @me.com address. Of course this new account will have none of your purchase history. And remember you're limited to three @me.com addresses per device.
Claefer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for people who have created iPhone apps Sal Collaziano iPhone and iPod touch Apps 2 Jan 17, 2014 08:41 PM
Created Apple ID-Immediately Said Your Session Has Timed Out-Cant get back on AppleID niblet iCloud and Apple Services 1 Dec 28, 2013 08:22 AM
Contacts created on iPhone not syncing with iCloud ben1390 iPhone 3 Nov 24, 2012 05:04 AM
I wonder if Apple will change iBooks to sync PDF's created in Preview? wolfpackfan iCloud and Apple Services 0 Oct 13, 2012 10:47 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC