Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine? :(

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
I think I made a mistake!

I was trying to secure a good @me.com name for my boyfriend's iCloud, so I did it from my phone because it popped up and asked me if I wanted to create a new account. So it just asked me to choose a username and press next, which I did, and with that quickness, it was created!

The only problem is now that I look at it, it has all of my info, associated with MY @gmail.com which is MY Apple ID... and when I log into iCloud.com to look at it using the new @me.com I just signed up for, it has my name and all my info!

Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine? :(

Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.

modit

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
Safe Thing To Do?

I created iCloud account for my parent, sister and myself on our iMac yesterday. I had only had 3 more @me.com accounts to go when I got the "Account Limit Reached" message.

Can I create the last 3 accounts on an iPhone without messing up my dad's iCloud email association?

Thank you!

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Try having him go to http://appleid.apple.com. Log in, and he should be able to change his associated email. If I misunderstood your question, disregard this.

I went to that website and I was able to change some of the basic info, such as name, birthdate, password - however, when I go to edit the "primary email address" it lets me type his email address in, but when I click save, it doesn't do anything... I tried it like 30 times, haha. Any suggestions?

modit

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone :confused:

Please and and thank you!

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Can I create an iCloud account on a iPhone for someone without messing up the existing account on the phone :confused:

Please and and thank you!

I dunno the answer, but I'll say this: I wouldn't do it because even though it didn't "mess up" my existing account, it associated the new iCloud account with my existing account, so now that person's iCloud account is linked 100% with my Apple ID. :mad:

Claefer

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2011
Please help! Is there going to be any way to associate the new @me.com with HIS Apple ID, or will it be forever mine?

Forever yours, I'm afraid. Apple IDs and @me.com addresses are permanently tied together like a bad marriage.

Claefer

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2011
Ugh, that is annoying. :mad:

Only way to fix this is to set up an entirely new Apple ID account, which will also allow you to make another @me.com address. Of course this new account will have none of your purchase history. And remember you're limited to three @me.com addresses per device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.