Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:23 PM   #26
TimTheEnchanter
macrumors 6502a

I've been waiting for this... Time to send Apple HQ and Mrs. Jobs condolence/memorial cards. style
RIP: too many Macs to list...AppleII-PMG5
TimTheEnchanter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:57 PM   #27
accessoriesguy
macrumors 6502a

This is great, I can make and send custom cards now, how fancy! I really want to send a card now that it seems easier than ever!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:24 PM   #28
Braunmann
macrumors newbie

Wink Get Free Printed Cards online already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4DP View Post
So they receive a cheap, lame, empty gesture no effort picture.

At least with a card, you have bothered to get off your lazy ass and send something. Which means you have had to give it some thought.

Apple, single handedly making the world lazier.
Why is everyone getting so freaked out over this? There is ALREADY a company online, that does full printed cards, at about less than a $1 each, which is a 1/3rd the cost of Apple's high priced cards. AND you can have your own signature, and hand writing font, plus a full contact manager. Plus you can try it out for free, at www.iCardsRUs.com.
Braunmann is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:28 PM   #29
1080p
macrumors 65816

This will be great for me. My girlfriend had to relocate 1500 miles away and I can't catch up until next year. I can brighten her days with a few cards.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:19 PM   #30
olivera88
macrumors newbie

Not as good as SOC

Sending out cards online is a fun and extremely easy thing to do. This is a great market for apple to get into, but the price is pretty high compared to others. Check this video out and you can send out cards for much cheaper. www.sendoutcards.com/aaronoliver
olivera88 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:19 AM   #31
0x000000
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivera88 View Post
Sending out cards online is a fun and extremely easy thing to do. This is a great market for apple to get into, but the price is pretty high compared to others. Check this video out and you can send out cards for much cheaper. www.sendoutcards.com/aaronoliver
Bad actors are bad.
0x000000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:46 AM   #32
KeJaMo
macrumors newbie

the international issue

Immediate thought is the fact postage is centralised in US, so those of us in UK always pay international however although the cost of card and postage is a touch high it is not extortionate. the greatest issue though is the question of when will it be delivered. I would use this sort of service for a last minute thing when I cant get to shop or think I might miss my last post from local post box (the rather early time of 3.30pm) however the international question raises its head - just how long to get from the US to UK? Having placed an order on the 12th (around midnight UK time) I am told in my order email expect dispatch in 1-2 business days.

just had look at confirmation - says card=£2.71, shipping £0.59 and VAT@21% £0.69

last time I checked VAT was 20%, I want my 3p back!!!!
KeJaMo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:01 PM   #33
rosalindavenue
macrumors 6502a

Notifications

Does anyone know why there is a notification setting for the Cards app in "settings" ? What would that app want to notify us about?

I sent one to my daughter within a few minutes of upgrading and I will update this post if I get some kind of notification.

Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:15 PM   #34
dgalvan123
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
Does anyone know why there is a notification setting for the Cards app in "settings" ? What would that app want to notify us about?

I sent one to my daughter within a few minutes of upgrading and I will update this post if I get some kind of notification.

Thanks
I think you can have the Cards app notify you when the card has arrived at the local post office, and is likely to be delivered that day. They use USPS tracking information for that.
dgalvan123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:36 PM   #35
L-U-R-C-H
macrumors regular

Now if only you could attach a check for people for their birthday haha

What is this world coming to. No more human interaction
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:42 PM   #36
MTShipp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalvan123 View Post
...which would require an inconvenient synch.
...and made it easier to do that with iCloud
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:22 PM   #37
samcraig
macrumors G5

Eh - the app is nice - but doesn't look really finished. I think it needs a bit of a better UI/Menu system, some font choices, etc..
samcraig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:32 PM   #38
RalstonBA
macrumors newbie

Why does it require a credit card???
RalstonBA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:49 AM   #39
pusa
macrumors newbie

Shipping time frame

I'm confused about something. The help files on the app itself, it says "Cards mailed within the United States should arrive within 5 to 7 business days from the time the order is placed."

After placing my order, Apple has sent me my order acknowledgment through my email and it's saying "Ships: 1-2 Business days."

Huh?
pusa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:19 PM   #40
anjonjp
macrumors member

Unable to purchase

For some reason, the app keeps telling me that there is insufficient information in my account and that I need to go to Settings / Store to update it. No matter how much I update the information (which was already there anyway), it still gives me the same result. It also keeps asking me for my CVV number but fails to define what this is, although I assume this to be my security number on my credit card.

My circumstances are that I am in Japan and have set my language settings to English on my iPhone, although it is sort of half / half in Japanese. My iTunes account automatically seems to render my address in the Japanese language, although input is made in romanized script initially. As a means of finding a solution I did enter the address back into romanized script (everything else on the account is in romanized script), but to no avail. Interestingly, app purchases and iTunes store purchases all work with no issue from the same account.

Anyone know what the issue is?
anjonjp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:44 AM   #41
rayjay86
macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem as the above poster. I've tried multiple times on different days and after re-inputting ALL the info through settings --> store.
I get prompted or my CVV and then while it is "authorizing" itsaus insufficient info!!!

Last edited by rayjay86; Oct 26, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
rayjay86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:29 PM   #42
rayjay86
macrumors regular

anyone figured this out? I'm using TouchNote now since it's cheaper but it would be nice to have all my stuff billed through one account (i.e.. iTunes)
Old May 24, 2012, 08:46 PM   #43
anybodyreally
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusa View Post
I'm confused about something. The help files on the app itself, it says "Cards mailed within the United States should arrive within 5 to 7 business days from the time the order is placed."

After placing my order, Apple has sent me my order acknowledgment through my email and it's saying "Ships: 1-2 Business days."

Huh?
Processing of the card, from receipt of the order, to printing the card and addressing it to mail will take 1-2 days. I'm sure orders are strived to be filled within the same day but it may depend upon when it was received. Weekends may take longer to process due to Sunday not having mail service. Then it should arrive to its intended destination within 5-7 business days of being mailed. I'm sure customer service can also clarify this further should you need it straight from the apples mouth.
anybodyreally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 02:22 AM   #44
tarsins
macrumors member

Let's hope they arrive quicker than your reply.
tarsins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:07 PM   #45
anybodyreally
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsins View Post
Let's hope they arrive quicker than your reply.
I dont hang out and live here like you have for the past 3 years. Having had some direct experience with this, I was trying to give someone possibly useful advice that might show up in a future search instead of your UK sarcasm.
anybodyreally is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:04 AM   #46
VisoTal
macrumors newbie

Talking

I‘m a apple user from China. I am very very interested in this app, but now it is no use in China, because there is nobody printing such cards for us. When will it come to China? I am craving it.
Or rather, could you corporate with me? I can help you make cards in China and you will get profits. How does this app run. You just tell me.
VisoTal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion