Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hi, I just updated to iOS5. Everything seemed to go well, but now none of my third party apps are working. They appear on the phone's screen but they just don't actually open when touched.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

ShepUK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Same issue here... I suspect it's because the apple ID I used to buy the apps doesn't match my mobile me ID that I entered during the set-up process.

:(

J Michael T

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
Same issue here... I suspect it's because the apple ID I used to buy the apps doesn't match my mobile me ID that I entered during the set-up process.

:(

Update the ID on the store under settings to the one you use to purchase apps. It can be different from the iCloud / mobileMe email address.

ShepUK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Go to "settings, store" and enter the AppleID you use for purchases.

This was the first thing I tried... and it was already set correctly (presumably as part of the settings migration during the upgrade).

Currently waiting for an ever-so-slow synch and backup to finish, to see if deleting and re-installing one of the 3rd party apps works.

ScottW1

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
NW Washington, USA
This was the first thing I tried... and it was already set correctly (presumably as part of the settings migration during the upgrade).

Currently waiting for an ever-so-slow synch and backup to finish, to see if deleting and re-installing one of the 3rd party apps works.

As long as you have the correct ID in "settings, store", then downloading an app (either delete and download again, or download an entirely new one) -- it should fix the problem.

ShepUK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
OK... now there's a result I wasn't expecting... I deleted and re-installed a single app... and suddenly *all* 3rd party apps are now working again...

Well, that's fixed my problem. ymmv....

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
thanks. I actually just got everything to work by updating all my apps on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.