Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew.bussman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Is anyone else getting this error message?

iCloud Error.png

xBoBsTeRx

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2009
yeah same here, been trying for a couple of hours now and nothing! also been trying to download iOS 5 from iTunes and I'm getting 100kbps... servers must be getting hammered!

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Same message here, tried it on two different machines about a dozen times each, same result. Its not even trying to move either, it flashes up for a split second some kind of progress bar thats empty, then this message comes up every time.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Did Apple borrow iCloud from RIM ? ;)

Seriously - my iPad was stuck verifying restore with Apple for an age
iCloud is giving me this error too....

I realise that the servers are stressed, but it's hardly a glowing inditement of the new iCloud servers if they can't handle this stress.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Did Apple borrow iCloud from RIM ? ;)

Seriously - my iPad was stuck verifying restore with Apple for an age
iCloud is giving me this error too....

I realise that the servers are stressed, but it's hardly a glowing inditement of the new iCloud servers if they can't handle this stress.
Epic fail thus far.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Got mine through, with all calendars, contacts, and emails perfectly making the transition across an iPad 2, iPhone 4, and two macs.

cthomas1489

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Yeah I've been getting that error all day too. Also took me 6 tries to get iOS 5 but I finally did.

I'm sure eventually we'll get to move to iCloud.

arizona654

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
Glad I am not the only one. I got iOS 5 and the Lion Update on the 1st try. Been trying to convert my me.com for hours now, which is a total bummer since I want to try out the new "Find My Friends" feature.

swalsh

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I am the same... but I have been trying since 11 am atlantic time though, course it wasn't available until 2:30 our time. I upgraded to lion also with no problems and got iOS 5 on my iphone, which was a bit bumpy .

You'd think they would have anticipated the mass numbers of people trying to use the server at one time. I'm surprised it wasn't seamless for how long it was anticipated.

slumpey326

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Florida
quick question, I have some word docs on my macbook pro. Can I move this to icloud and if so how, I tried to dragging and dropping to the Pages section on icould but nothing worked.

Please help, does this only work from an iphone or ipad.

mactagg

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
United States of America
Can't Rid Myself of MobileMe

I had virtually no trouble upgrading to iOS 5. Yeah, a few apps didn't make it back on to my iDevices but I'll just put them back. Then iCloud doesn't allow me to migrate. Ugh. :(

Servers have been crushed today. I don't need iCloud at this very second but it would've been nice to get it all done tonight. My AppleTV is taking forever, and had two errors.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
When I go to me.com/move either directly or by referral from System Preferences or iCloud.com it just immediately takes me to me.com/find.

I don't even get an error message about moving the account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.