Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Yes, I've gotten this on both my iMac connected to my iPhone, and my MacBook connected to my iPad. Annoying, considering I sat around and waited for each download for 45 minutes... No solution yet. Still searching.

drcmw

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Contacting the iPad software update server for over an hour

My MBP has been trying to "contact the iPad software update server" for over an hour now. Tried for another hour before that. The only thing I can figure is that their server is bogged down with everyone else trying to update. Com'on Apple, if you can't handle this kind of traffic on launch day, how can I trust that I will be able to access my data in the cloud when I need it????:confused:

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I have literally been trying since it was released just after 1. I've never had an issue updating before. Unreal that it's been this long. If it's the same server issue on Apple's end as it has been in the past, how many X.0 releases will it take until "it just works"?

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Ive been having this problem today, since 10am. Its now 6pm. My iphone is jailbroken on 4.3.3 but my ipad 2 is on 4.3.5 and never been jailbroken. Does that have anything to do with my issue?

This sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.