Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
likemyorbs
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Summary of my iOS 5 problems. Maybe you can help.

I'm loving iOS 5, but there's some issues to work out. First of all, my icloud email doesn't show up in the mail app, but it show's up on my mac. Second problem, i can't get itunes sync to work. i plug it in and wifi is on but the sync button is greyed out. and my third issue is it's telling me im almost out of icloud space, but my backup is only 1.6gb total, i should have 3.4 left. any thoughts?
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040
 
rick snagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oceanside, ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
I'm loving iOS 5, but there's some issues to work out. First of all, my icloud email doesn't show up in the mail app, but it show's up on my mac. Second problem, i can't get itunes sync to work. i plug it in and wifi is on but the sync button is greyed out. and my third issue is it's telling me im almost out of icloud space, but my backup is only 1.6gb total, i should have 3.4 left. any thoughts?
is every device updated to ios5?

wifi sync. when you plug your device in, the summary page....checkbox wifi sync
__________________
------||------
rick snagwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3
mathcolo
macrumors 6502a
 
mathcolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
I'm loving iOS 5, but there's some issues to work out. First of all, my icloud email doesn't show up in the mail app, but it show's up on my mac.
Try going to the Settings app, then go to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", press iCloud, and make sure the Mail switch is on.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro Retina - 2.6 GHz i5 - 512GB SSD - 8GB RAM
- Google Nexus 5
[Retired]13" MacBook Pro - 2.53 GHz C2D - 240GB SSD - 8GB RAM
[Retired]- Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
mathcolo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:06 PM   #4
likemyorbs
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcolo View Post
Try going to the Settings app, then go to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", press iCloud, and make sure the Mail switch is on.
I tried that, but when i tap iCloud it's just linked to my apple id gmail address.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick snagwell View Post
is every device updated to ios5?

wifi sync. when you plug your device in, the summary page....checkbox wifi sync
thanks that worked!
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:13 PM   #5
matty.p
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
You can also go to Settings - iCloud - Storage and Backup - and then Manage Storage. That will show you where your storage in iCloud is going.

Last edited by matty.p; Oct 12, 2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo
matty.p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:23 PM   #6
likemyorbs
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty.p View Post
You can also go to Settings - iCloud - Storage and Backup - and then Manage Storage. That will show you where your storage in iCloud is going.
I go there, and it shows that my backup was 1.6 gb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphonescreen.png
Views:	3
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	306262  
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 7 Beta summary so far. Armen iOS 7 2 Aug 2, 2013 06:48 PM
need a summary falconb iPhone/iPad Programming 7 Oct 16, 2012 12:58 PM
Downgrading problems from ios 6 to any ios weiquan571 iOS 6 0 Oct 6, 2012 02:05 AM
Summary of Mountain Lion problems Bizuser OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 6 Sep 6, 2012 10:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC