Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:46 PM   #1
daihard
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to daihard
Copying photos in Photo Stream to an iPhoto album?

I have updated iPhoto on 10.7.2. It now shows "Photo Stream" and all the photos that are synced there from my iPhone. That's nice.

However, I can't drag any of those photos into my existing iPhoto albums. I have to drag them out of iPhoto onto my desktop to save them, and then drag those saved photos back into an album. That's lame. Am I missing anything?

Help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daihard View Post
I have updated iPhoto on 10.7.2. It now shows "Photo Stream" and all the photos that are synced there from my iPhone. That's nice.

However, I can't drag any of those photos into my existing iPhoto albums. I have to drag them out of iPhoto onto my desktop to save them, and then drag those saved photos back into an album. That's lame. Am I missing anything?

Help would be appreciated.
You have to drag the photos to "Events" first to create an event (merge the event with another one if you want to), and from there you can drag them into an album. Because the albums don't contain the photos - events do, which means that if you'd drag photos from Photo Stream into an album, they'd be gone after 1000 pictures or 30 days, whichever comes first
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:53 PM   #3
daihard
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to daihard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
You have to drag the photos to "Events" first to create an event (merge the event with another one if you want to), and from there you can drag them into an album. Because the albums don't contain the photos - events do, which means that if you'd drag photos from Photo Stream into an album, they'd be gone after 1000 pictures or 30 days, whichever comes first
Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

In fact, I've found that "Events" already includes special folders that contain photos in Photo Stream, separated by the month. For instance, my "Events" includes "October 2011 Photo Stream" and "September 2011 Photo Stream." I can drag directly from inside those folders.

iCloud is great. Thanks again!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services