Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godessofsarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Excuse the vague title, but there is no better way to explain what's happening with my MBA.

As I type (on my good old reliable LG god-knows-what) the mouse on my MBA has gone completely biserk - jumping around the screen, opening any applications it hovers over.

This is after a restart.

This happened about 4 or 5 days ago. I didnt install, download or change anything on it for this to start happening. I've searched the web to try and find something similar but I cant :(

I just did some security update (sorry dont remember the details) but it didnt make it any better.

Anyone out there have any input??

Thanks in advance :D

godessofsarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
It's not just the trackpad, I think the entire system is corrupt or something.
It's jerky and slow and completely unusable.
I've had it for almost 2 years and I've never had a problem (except for it getting a bit slow when it over heats)

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Apparently i have 70.8 gb left free in my macintosh hd

The space you have remaining is not important. You could have 99% of your Hard drive free and it could be exhibiting similar behaviour.

I think it sounds like your hard drive is on its way out. I'd suggest taking a trip to the genius bar.

FJB

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
I didn't catch how old your MBA was...

Specs for your machine would be helpful :)

godessofsarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Macbook Air2,1
Mac OS X
version 10.6.8
processor: 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 duo
Memory 2 GB MHz DDR3

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Excuse the vague title, but there is no better way to explain what's happening with my MBA.

As I type (on my good old reliable LG god-knows-what) the mouse on my MBA has gone completely biserk - jumping around the screen, opening any applications it hovers over.

This is after a restart.

This happened about 4 or 5 days ago. I didnt install, download or change anything on it for this to start happening. I've searched the web to try and find something similar but I cant :(

I just did some security update (sorry dont remember the details) but it didnt make it any better.

Anyone out there have any input??

Thanks in advance :D

Why don't you plug in an external usb mouse and see if it works better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.