Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rafco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I downloaded the update and now I just get the error "This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Is my phone bricked?

bairda

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
Thanks. Now I get the "Internal error has occurred." But now it sounds like I'm in the same boat as a lot of other people. Somehow failure is progress here? hah

Hmm...

Have you tried getting the phone into DFU mode and doing a restore?

See here:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

NOTE: If you are uncertain about this process, just wait and see if there is another alternative that comes up on the forums.

-Alex-

rafco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Hmm...

Have you tried getting the phone into DFU mode and doing a restore?

See here:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

NOTE: If you are uncertain about this process, just wait and see if there is another alternative that comes up on the forums.

-Alex-

It started loading... then I got an error midupdate that said "An internal error occurred"-- followed by a string of HTML. Strange. Now my phone keeps rebooting, showing the Apple logo, and then showing the rotating loading thing.

----------

It started loading... then I got an error midupdate that said "An internal error occurred"-- followed by a string of HTML. Strange. Now my phone keeps rebooting, showing the Apple logo, and then showing the rotating loading thing.

It actually shows a loading bar for a second before it goes to the loading graphic.

bairda

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009

----------

It actually shows a loading bar for a second before it goes to the loading graphic.

This is after using DFU mode and doing a restore?
-Alex-

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
You probably have jailbroken your phone. Correct?

If so, you need to comment out the apple connection in your host files. See here:

http://lastplaceonthe.net/fix-device-isnt-eligible-requested-build/

Hope this helps.

-Alex-
unfortunately, i get the same message but my original ipad has never been jailbroken:( so what gives??? i did a jailbreak for my iphone and not trying to do the update for it, i managed to update my apple tv but hours into trying and still getting the same damn message for my non jailbroken ipad. please help!

bairda

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
unfortunately, i get the same message but my original ipad has never been jailbroken:( so what gives??? i did a jailbreak for my iphone and not trying to do the update for it, i managed to update my apple tv but hours into trying and still getting the same damn message for my non jailbroken ipad. please help!

Could be that the servers that the phone/ipad is trying to contact are too busy to get the info needed back in a timely manner. Things are crazy with the IOS 5 updates. Might work better later tonight or tomorrow.

-Alex-

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
Get Tiny Umbrella. Go into Advanced Settings. Uncheck "Exit on Cydia".

Then close TU and proceed with iTunes upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.