Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Hi, I did the MobileMe migration to iCloud but it has ignored all my contacts! It moved the mail and calendar over but totally ignored contacts of which I had thousands in me.com and on my Mac (they are still there) but when logging into iCloud.com there is only one contact in there. Any ideas? I don't see any way to manually force them to upload from my mac to iCloud. I have tried opening and closing the contacts program but it does nothing, tried logging in and out to. I am scared to try any other device than my main mac in case it deletes all my contacts and replaces them with the one that's in iCloud.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
and it just did the one thing I have been spending hours trying to avoid it doing, I switched on iCloud on my iPhone and it deleted thousands of contacts and replaced it with the one contact that was in the cloud. How the heck can they plan this for so long and make such a mess of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.