Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 6, 2005, 09:33 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Young Tiger Shows Strength But Has Room to Grow

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Young Tiger Shows Strength But Has Room to Grow

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 6, 2005, 10:41 AM   #2
gerardrj
macrumors regular

Bingo! on the Automator issues. It's just not ready for prime time yet. Just as she stated the in-window descriptions of things just aren't up to snuff. I spent over two hours trying to two two things:
1. Locate all items in a folder, create an archive of those items, on the desktop, delete the items from the initial folder.
2. For bonus points, make this run automatically when items are moved in to the source folder. (And without writing any Applescript)

I'm also tremendously disappointed with Spotlight. It fails to index any of the text annotations attached within a QuickTime movie (author, director, comments, etc.) The LEAST Apple should have done is make sure all the iLife apps' files were completely indexed.

Overall my opinion is that Apple should have waited about another two months and released in June with things "done right". There's just too many examples of cut corners in this release. Hopefully 10.4.1 will be released this month and fix most of them.
gerardrj is offline   0
Old May 6, 2005, 04:19 PM   #3
CrackedButter
macrumors 68040

I was more interested in the mouse she uses, I thought it was interesting enough that I bought one!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion