Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you get this issue?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No, this did not happen to me.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
OMG this is the Biggest. Load of crap. Ever. I stayed out of iClouds development because I knew this was an issue. Now I get to the full release version and I get that exact problem I was avoiding. Can anyone help?

etcetera

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Nashville, TN
Same issue here, except I've synced my iPhone to the cloud as well. I unchecked the "All from my Mac" key on my phone, which did away with the doubles I discovered there. I just got iCal to sync with iCloud on the Mac's end of things and have now found doubles there as well, except I can't see an obvious option to get rid of the non-cloud set like I did on the phone...

Any ideas?

etcetera

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Nashville, TN
Nevermind, figured it out.

If you turn off the ical selection within icloud, and then turn it back on and select "merge" it works. I had to try it a few times, but now its working.

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Nevermind, figured it out.

If you turn off the ical selection within icloud, and then turn it back on and select "merge" it works. I had to try it a few times, but now its working.

It doesn't ask me to merge, where did you do it? On the phone or mac?

captsanner295

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2010
Ok so here is what I did. I have an iPad, iPhone, and iMac. I went through one by one and in the iCloud option and toggled calendars off. It asked Keep on My idevice or delete from my idevice. In all instances I selected delete then I turned back on and closed and reopened all iCals and logged out and back in online iCloud. Also the "iMac Calendars" on my iMac disappeared and was replaced with iCloud cals.

Hope this helps I am subscribed to the this thread and will check if anyone has any questions. Not sure why it worked but it did.

TJ

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
When I toggled it BACK on it asked me to merge on all devices.

It didn't ask me when I just toggled it off and back on, but following you other directions worked after turning all off, logging in online, logging out again, then toggling the others back on.:eek: Thank you.:D

captsanner295

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2010
It didn't ask me when I just toggled it off and back on, but following you other directions worked after turning all off, logging in online, logging out again, then toggling the others back on.:eek: Thank you.:D

Good Im glad that helped! I think it just takes a min for it all to get situated. I actually somehow doubled a calendar so I have 4 instances of each event. I was flipping out. I just spent 2 days getting everything organized before iCloud so it would be great when it came. Good luck! Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.