Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Sandy Santra
macrumors 6502

iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPad

Error message: iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPad “iPad”. Would you like to restore this iPad again now?

I get this every time I plug my iPad into my MacBook Pro (SL) to sync.

I've already installed iOS 5. The hard way. 5 hours. Rebuilding everything from scratch. Reloading ALL the apps, because iTunes refused to restore this morning's pristine backup.

And before that, hours spent tricking the iPad into installing iOS 5.

Now this. I get this message every time I connect the cable. I've already wiped the iPad by restoring it to factory settings on the iPad, with it disconnected from the Mac. I've already done all sorts of things in Airport mode.

How do I get rid of this message? Does anyone know?

So far I've spent 5 hours installing iOS 5 on my iPad. It's still not right. I need help. Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Mr_Brightside_@
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Santra View Post
Error message: iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPad “iPad”. Would you like to restore this iPad again now?

I get this every time I plug my iPad into my MacBook Pro (SL) to sync.

I've already installed iOS 5. The hard way. 5 hours. Rebuilding everything from scratch. Reloading ALL the apps, because iTunes refused to restore this morning's pristine backup.

And before that, hours spent tricking the iPad into installing iOS 5.

Now this. I get this message every time I connect the cable. I've already wiped the iPad by restoring it to factory settings on the iPad, with it disconnected from the Mac. I've already done all sorts of things in Airport mode.

How do I get rid of this message? Does anyone know?

So far I've spent 5 hours installing iOS 5 on my iPad. It's still not right. I need help. Thanks.
I keep getting this message too, although mine may be less severe. I've updated to iOS5 with no problems (well, that's an overstatement but life goes on), and now any time I plug in my phone (not pad), I get the iTunes was interrupted... dialog box. I always hit cancel, but it always reappears, and I'm scared of Deleting a Backup or, worse, Continuing the Restore.
Any further thoughts about this?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier