Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Is there no longer a way to restore from the previous back ups? My back up to iCloud was interrupted and it seems that there isn't one on iTunes any more (even though my phone has been backed up hundreds of times). Did they remove this now? Have I really lost all my photos, messages, reminders, data...everything?

Does anyone know if the old back ups are just somewhere on the computer? Did they move where you can click restore from a back up? Please help. Hitting "restore" only yields the restore for factory settings.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I thought you couldn't restore from backup until after you did a factory restore? Then the option appears for setup as a new phone or restore from backup...

Exen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Yup. That's what I tried. Still nothing. Nothing at all. I'm getting that sinking feeling that everything is lost. Starting to get really upset.

I have 2.5GB taken up from my phone in iCloud but it says the last backup was "incomplete".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.