Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcon1103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
When I try and sync music to my iPhone 4 GSM iOS 5, iTunes will randomly "cancel syncing" and stop syncing the music. On my iPhone, some songs will be on the device, and able to play, but other songs will be greyed out, and I cannot even select them to play.

Also, playlists are not sorted correctly.
example: in iTunes: recently added: sorted: ascending
in iPhone: recently added: sorted: descending (wtf?)

any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Disable music syncing and re-enable it to sync your entire music library from scratch. It should solve the problem.

mannyo1221

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Blandford, UK.
I have a similar problem,

The music appears on my phone, but when I try to play a track nothing happens. The album art appears, and the display changes to play, but the counter stays at 0:00 and does not play.

Jnewry

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
try checking manually manage music... I don't know why mine changed my setting but if you check it, and sync all the songs work on the phone...

jcon1103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I think I have isolated it down to one specific playlist that is causing the issue...
I tried to simply make a new playlist with the same songs and sync that instead, problem still exists. Maybe its a specific song...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.