Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyroberts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
London
hi, i have an issue where I've transitioned my MobileMe account to iCloud, and now the iPhone mail application is receiving the message twice, once in iCloud and once in MobileMe. Ive checked the account settings and theres only the iCloud account listed. but theres still an inbox for MobileMe in the mail app itself, does anyone know how i can remove this? i tried deleting an individual email from the MobileMe inbox and it also deleted it from the iCloud inbox!

any help suggestions would be much appreciated

Andy

ivaldor

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Solution

You have to completely delete the iCloud/MobileMe account and then register again. Choose the option 'delete all contacts/calendars/etc from iPhone' so that you avoid duplicate values when you re-register.

Hope this helps.

oli4s

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
You have to completely delete the iCloud/MobileMe account and then register again. Choose the option 'delete all contacts/calendars/etc from iPhone' so that you avoid duplicate values when you re-register.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, this worked for me.

andyroberts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
London
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cheers dude, it worked a treat :)

bruno7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, this might work but what if I don't want to do it?

I've had my MobileMe account for years and don't want to change it.
It is also my iTunes account so I'd like to keep it the same.

Any solution for this?

Thanks.

bruno7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
My brain was a bit slow...

What you probably mean is delete your MobileMe account and register again with the same name.

That could work, actuall, if you do it quickly to avoid somebody else in the world taking your ID... ;-)

thorbenh

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2008
Sorry, i don't get it. Under settings and iCloud I just say "delete account" ??

In that case I lose it all and need to deregister iCloud and ope for the same email address?

That can not be the only solution as I would lose all my email history or not???

texcanus

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Double mail in Outlook

I have deleted mail that I have read in iPhone and iPad and also emptied the trash, but when I startup Outlook I receive all the emails that I have read and deleted since the last time I started Outlook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.