Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gguerini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hello guys,

I have an Apple ID using my personal gmail address. All my apps were bought using this account. Yesterday I install the new 10.7.2 and iOS 5 on my iPhone 3GS.

I was asked to enter my Apple ID, so I entered my gmail address then it asked me to choose a new @me.com address to associate to this account. I did and it worked great. If I go to I Cloud's website, I can check my new email account, see my contacts etc.

So it was time to setup my iDevice. I entered my new email @me.com, it accepted my password and everything seems to be fine. I turned on all the syncing. But the email account (my new @me) doesn't show up on my iPhone. Only my other accounts.

Do you think it's because my @me address is associated with my Apple Id that uses a gmail address?

Have you guys seen it before?

Thanks

Aimsly

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
What I did, and it seemed to work, is delete iCloud off the phone entirely, and then set it up again, only via the Mail setup, not the iCloud setup in Settings.

Appears now!

EDIT: OK, so the iCloud web client (@me.com) address seems to send/receive mail fine, and the iPhone iCloud mail is sending (albeit slowly), but the iPhone iCloud isn't receiving mail sent to the @me.com account.

EDIT 2: iPhone now receives mail sent to @me.com account, but does not push - I need to manually enter Mail and fetch data.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.