Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
For me I have a list of about 3 things I'm going to do with my 4s immediately after getting it and setting it up.

1. Ask siri to do my laundry.
2. If that fails, get upset and consider calling apple to complain that siri "failed to meet my expectations of a proper assistant"
3. Install an internet speed test app and test out the network speed since I'm on AT&T and want to see if I really get HSDPA+ speed.

What about you guys. What do you plan on doing once you get your new phone?

**the number 2 on my list of things to do is just a joke. Please don't take it as serious.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
1) Sync all my media to it
2) Test out Siri a bit
3) Try out the camera
4) Apply BSE Total Body Protector

Then just get on with the day! :rolleyes:

00trayn

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
This is going to be my first iPhone, so I'm planning to go a little nuts downloading apps. I've already sorted out my music library by unchecking a large majority of my audio books so I'm down to 13GB of music going onto my 32GB iPhone. Want to leave room for all the apps!

Nathan21585

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
Central Florida
This is going to be my first iPhone, so I'm planning to go a little nuts downloading apps. I've already sorted out my music library by unchecking a large majority of my audio books so I'm down to 13GB of music going onto my 32GB iPhone. Want to leave room for all the apps!

Just an idea but you could get ahead in the game and start downloading apps from iTunes now so you have them for when you get the new phone.

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
I am going to spend Friday and Saturday taking pictures and uploading them to FB and Instagram!!

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Activate it and resist the urge to smash my Moto Droid 1 I'm using now.

But I keep this for when I'm in between phones. Comes in handy as I try to sell my iPhone before getting the new one.

00trayn

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Just an idea but you could get ahead in the game and start downloading apps from iTunes now so you have them for when you get the new phone.

I technically already have apps in there from my iPod Touch... would those get transferred over to my iPhone when I sync it? I'm not sure how it all works with syncing a phone vs syncing an iPod...

----------

Activate it and resist the urge to smash my Moto Droid 1 I'm using now.

But I keep this for when I'm in between phones. Comes in handy as I try to sell my iPhone before getting the new one.

OMG! I have that exact same phone and I want to smash it too! It's TERRIBLE!!!! So slow and buggy, and I've run out of internal memory (it only has 256MB) with the apps that won't install on the SD card so I keep having to delete ones I actually use. Such a pain! I'm holding onto it in case someone in my family wants to use it, or my iPhone isn't working or something. But still... cannot wait to be done with this POS!

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Film myself smashing it into pieces and put it on youtube so people can see how cool I am.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Go out to the neiborhood kids and sing...

I got my iPhone Fo-eff
I got my iPhone Fo-eff
And you can't haaave one
Cuz you on Annnnndroid
iPhone iPhone iPhone F-eff
Faster, faster, faster
Eye-oh-eff five ..... Ha!
:D

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Why not use it to film your LSU or Saints tailgate party? Much more entertaining.

Yay, Louisiana!

That seems like a better use of it. People bring stripper poles to LSU for tailgating. Stripper pole + drunk women = many great photo and film opportunities.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Walk around the Apple store and show it off to people waiting in line. I deserve my moment for waking up at 12 midnight and again at 4AM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.