Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:40 AM   #1
S1njin
macrumors 6502a

Wifi Sync - Can't find my computer

Anybody else have this problem?

Yesterday evening and this morning my iPhone 4 and Mac Mini were all hinky dinky w/ finding each other and syncing. This morning, its like they can't see each other. Sync starts, spins for awhile, not contact is made on either side, and it just sorta stops.

In the end I don't care as much. I had to choose between having my iPads wifi sync to the mini on the 5ghz 'n' network or my iPhone on the 2.4ghz 'g' network. So I put the Mac back on the 'n' and my iPads are still happy. I'll just plug my iPhone in like always.

Just wondering if anybody else saw this yet?
S1njin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2
tlswope
macrumors newbie

wifi sync can't find my computer

i've been having this problem for months since i updated to iOS 6. My devices would only update/sync if i connected to cable via iTunes. when i tried sync over wifi - it would hang at "looking for iMac"

the solution for me, it seems was deleting my backups in iTunes then doing a fresh backup, unplugging my Time Capsule/Airport Extreme, forgetting my wifi in all devices, restarting devices, airport & computer.

it now works - hopefully that helps someone else
tlswope is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier