Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
My calender is appearing on my iphone 2 times?

Every appointment has 2 entries.

If i go into calenders only icloud is selected so there is no reason for all appointments to be duplicated?

cello2456

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Me too! It is driving me crazy. I stayed up till 3 in the morning trying to fix it and they are still there. Anyone??

CBX

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
I had this.

I went to sys prefs and unchecked calendar. Selected 'delete from my mac' wait a few seconds, then re-check calendars and select 'merge'.

If you want to try this I would suggest backing up your data! As I said this worked for me but you may find different.

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
I also had this, but mine was caused by something quite simple. I realised that I had a CalDav account running as well as Calendars turned on in my Exchange account. Despite unchecking the Exchange account in the Calendars app, it kept turning itself back on, so things were appearing twice. I turned Calendars off in my Exchange account and just left the CalDav running and now only see things once.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I had this.

I went to sys prefs and unchecked calendar. Selected 'delete from my mac' wait a few seconds, then re-check calendars and select 'merge'.

If you want to try this I would suggest backing up your data! As I said this worked for me but you may find different.

is that system prefs on your mac?

sorry im a retard i need an idiots guide lol

redperson

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I had this.

I did a similar thing from my iPhone, since that's where the duplicate entries were. I repeat the suggestion to confirm that your data is backed up, on your Mac, for instance, before doing this:

- on the iPhone, go to Settings
- toggle "calendars" OFF
- at the prompt, select "delete from my iPhone"
- at this point ALL your calendar data should be deleted from iPhone
- reboot iPhone
- go back to Settings, toggle calendars ON
- after a few minutes, all the data is back, but without duplicates

I surmise that the original sync during the iCloud activation had a bug or redundancy.

metoo6000

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
London, UK
For me, iCloud duplicated ical and contact data on my mac. I deleted data on iCloud and re-sync, but it created third copy on my mac. Really made me crazy. So I turned off the ical and contact sync, and sync via iTunes for now.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I had duplicates because I synced the calendar with both iTunes and iCloud. I deactivated the calendar sync in iTunes and the duplicates disappeared.

moseleyite

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
Birmingham UK
The following is my experience - I'm not saying that this is the problem that you are having but I hope it helps:

I also had what appeared to be a duplication of iCal events until somebody pointed out that, when moving to iCloud, my MobileMe events were copied to iCloud so the apparent duplicates were in fact one entry for MM and one entry for iC.

The solution to this issue, for me, was as follows:

1. Go into iCal preferences.
2. Click on 'Accounts'
3. Select the MobileMe account and de-select the 'Enable this account' option.

My duplicates then disappeared. You can actually delete the MM account if you like but I decided to just untick the option - call me paranoid if you will!

By the way, I didn't have "duplicate" contacts - only calendar events

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
I had this.

This fixed it for me, thank you!

McRCN

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2010
Virginia
I did a similar thing from my iPhone, since that's where the duplicate entries were. I repeat the suggestion to confirm that your data is backed up, on your Mac, for instance, before doing this:

- on the iPhone, go to Settings
- toggle "calendars" OFF
- at the prompt, select "delete from my iPhone"
- at this point ALL your calendar data should be deleted from iPhone
- reboot iPhone
- go back to Settings, toggle calendars ON
- after a few minutes, all the data is back, but without duplicates

I surmise that the original sync during the iCloud activation had a bug or redundancy.

Thanks for sharing. It worked perfectly for me too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.