Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I just recently got a new iPod nano. It's acutally a 6g that I updated to firmware 1.2

Anyways, my question is in regards to battery life. I've been using the pedometer feature and I've found that I have to recharge the iPod every night.

I basically have the pedometer on from 7AM to 10PM. Plus I run or walk every night, so the music is on for an hour a day. I also scroll around on the screen a little bit during the day to see where I'm at with my 10,000 step goal.

Is the need to recharge so often normal? I expected to get better battery life, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks.

ft

yly3

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
I have the same iPod as you do, and I haven't seen a battery life difference. However, I use mine mainly for music and a 40min-1h run (almost) daily with the Nike+iPod kit. I think I play around 3-4h a day + the running and I get around 4 days I think. I do keep it shut down when not using, so that keeps battery life.

I am pretty sure the pedometer sucks a lot of battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.