Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:15 AM   #1
CoriG
macrumors member

saving music in icloud?

Does anyone know how to save music / playlists into icloud? I would love to take some of my music off my iphone/ipad and put it into icloud so that I can listen to it and save some memory.

Thanks!
CoriG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:21 AM   #2
ru4real
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriG View Post
Does anyone know how to save music / playlists into icloud? I would love to take some of my music off my iphone/ipad and put it into icloud so that I can listen to it and save some memory.

Thanks!
You're looking for iTunes Match, which hasn't been released yet. Look for it later this month.
ru4real is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:33 AM   #3
MacGeekAZ
macrumors member

But for things we bought from iTunes, couldn't we remove them from our libraries on our devices, then just play it from the iCloud when we want to? Do you have to download music to listen to it, or can you stream it? Sorry for the dumb questions.
Wendi
MacGeekAZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Rob9874
macrumors regular

Yeah, how do we listen to music streamed from iCloud? I understood that we could add music to iCloud that was not on our iPhones (in the case of having more music than will fit on your device). How do you play that music on your iPhone?
Rob9874 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:03 AM   #5
CoriG
macrumors member

i will definitely do itunes match when it comes out... but in the meantime how can I get the songs I have purchased through itunes in icloud and how do I stream it back on my iphone??
CoriG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier