Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EagerTraveler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I would like to migrate from Gmail to iCloud but I do not see any features in iCloud to facilitate this. Is someone able to provide instructions? Many Thanks!:):)

EagerTraveler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Much appreciate but not what I am looking for.

Thank you for the reply but it really is not what I am looking for.[

QUOTE=miles01110;13588282]If you actually want to be able to access your e-mail, stick with GMail.[/QUOTE]

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
I had gmail for mail calender and contacts

When i signed in for icloud it asked me to merge my contacts when i said yes my contacts were on icloud (gmail)

For calendar i simply go on my phone and for each notes i change the calender from gmail to icloud (ok i dont have alot of calendars but yeah)

For mail i had to go to each site abnd modify my email adress in my profile

EagerTraveler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks!

Thanks. I have done this. I do want to completely migrate to iCloud moving all of my emails with me with the intention of deleting Gmail.

I had gmail for mail calender and contacts

When i signed in for icloud it asked me to merge my contacts when i said yes my contacts were on icloud (gmail)

For calendar i simply go on my phone and for each notes i change the calender from gmail to icloud (ok i dont have alot of calendars but yeah)

For mail i had to go to each site abnd modify my email adress in my profile

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
I had every intention of migrating over, but when I saw that you can't 'accept' calendar invites to let the other person know you're attending, I had to pass.

But if that doesn't bother you, you can go to your google calendar on the web, and export it, and if you import it into iCal, and sync that with iCloud you should be good from here on in.

EagerTraveler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Great!

Very cool. How do I move my email(s) with me? :eek:

I had every intention of migrating over, but when I saw that you can't 'accept' calendar invites to let the other person know you're attending, I had to pass.

But if that doesn't bother you, you can go to your google calendar on the web, and export it, and if you import it into iCal, and sync that with iCloud you should be good from here on in.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I recommend against this. Gmail is a much better mail management platform than iCloud is at the moment. I sure as heck ain't moving to iCloud!

Give it some time, it will probably get better. But for now you're better off sticking with Gmail.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I recommend against this. Gmail is a much better mail management platform than iCloud is at the moment. I sure as heck ain't moving to iCloud!

Give it some time, it will probably get better. But for now you're better off sticking with Gmail.

I tend to agree. I just linked my iCloud accounts with Gmail so I can send and receive all my me.com mail but continue using the Gmail interface.

EagerTraveler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks

Thank you for your thoughts. I am still looking to move to iCloud.

Kind regards,

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I don't think that there is a easy "migrate my email" option - Google does not allow email to be exported from the web client either. You would need to download your email to a POP3 or IMAP client (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird etc), save it as a PST or whatever and then upload it to your iCloud email account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.